Droid Bionic WIFI issues

Robert65

Reaction score
For the last few months, the wifi on my Droid Bionic has been terrible. It will connect and disconnect constantly. I'll go to the Wi-Fi network list, and wireless connections will be listed, disappear, and come back. I have issues being able to connect to saved wireless networks. I occasionally also have issues with 3g/4g which don't always seem to have a strong connection.
I've been reading the forums for tips but nothing seems to work. I have the Wi-Fi sleep set to never and in data delivery I also have Beackground Date and Data Enabled checked off.
When I originally got my phone in October, it was great. I read that this all may be due to the most recent update.

Any way to correct this issue?

PammaSue

Reaction score
I got my Droid Bionic in April 2012 and in the past 3 weeks my WiFi keeps automatically turning off too. I'm hoping there is a fix for this so it doesn't keep using my data when I don't need to.

milski65

Reaction score
I got my Droid Bionic in April 2012 and in the past 3 weeks my WiFi keeps automatically turning off too. I'm hoping there is a fix for this so it doesn't keep using my data when I don't need to.

Did you both try rebooting your router? Or pull the plug for a couple minutes then boot it up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

PammaSue

Reaction score
Yes, I've rebooted my router a couple of times as well as my modem. I've rebooted my phone as well.

OP
R

Robert65

Reaction score
Yes, I've tried multiple times. And it's not one specific wireless connection, it's all of them.

OP
R

Robert65

Reaction score
Also, after I save a network it will not automatically connect sometimes. I'll try to manually connect and nothing will happen

hodgewdm

Reaction score
Same issue here. WiFi was perfect up until I upgraded to the .905 update. Now It connects and then drops WiFi constantly. Seems to drop mostly after I use a data intensive app. Facebook, Twitter, or just using the browser. As soon as i exit the phone switches to 4G. A minute later it switches back to WiFi. Very annoying.

matthelm007

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I do know someone added a router on the same channel as I use, but his signal is weak, and I'm only about 5 foot from the access point! I'm redoing my network the first free minute I get, and will change to a different channel. (when I first put the access point in, it was the free-est channel and now almost all are empty, go figure)