Bionic WiFi issue

kmworkman

Reaction score
So here's the deal. I have a new Bionic and I'm able to connect to my work WiFi but when I come home I'm able to connect to my home WiFi but no joy for passing traffic. I rebooted my router, verified that I was pulling the correct IP and I have no restrictions for mac's on my home router. I'm passing traffic on all other wireless devices in my home (to include the PC I'm currently typing this message). I've rebooted the phone, reset the wireless WEP and still no joy. Before I spend the time to WireShark my wireless traffic I wanted to know if this is a bug with the Bionic? I'm running my Apple AirPort in Bridge mode and I have a commercial grade router (DHCP server). Any suggestions?

OP
K

kmworkman

Reaction score
I did a deep dive into my router and wireshark my Bionic traffic and it appears that my router is causing the issue. I can see the Droid sending a SNY packet but my router is reporting " Blocked NAT- out fail, First packet in connection is not a SYN packet: TCP 192.168.20.3:49180->17.149.36.158:5223 on ixp1". I then removed my router from my network and hung my AirPort off my cable modem directly allowing my Droid to pull a public IP. The Droid worked like a champ! I apologize to Motorola for blaming there software. As for my "Carrier Access Adit 3500" home router that is no longer supported by Turin or provides a software update or new release since 2008.....well my 11 year old son gets to take it apart now. A death reserved only for equipment that fails epically!

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
As for my "Carrier Access Adit 3500" home router that is no longer supported by Turin or provides a software update or new release since 2008.....well my 11 year old son gets to take it apart now. A death reserved only for equipment that fails epically!

I know the feeling, and have sentenced equipment to the same fate! :icon_ devil: