Wifi Connecting & Disconnecting Loop

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
I've seen this in similar forums over the interwebs, but I haven't seen any new solutions.

Restart your router, reboot your router, reconfigure your router, reset your router, throw a hammer at your router, it's all just the same thing. I don't know if anybody else has this problem, and this is semi off-topic, but my Bionic (when actually connected to the wifi) will sometimes have a hiccup in connection, either a few seconds of no Internet+still connected to wifi, or it completely drops wifi for a moment. Back on topic, my data cycle started 2 days ago and I'm already at 250+ MB of data and increasing as of tonight, because I'm having a lot of wifi problems.

At the same time, restarting the router has been a good fix.. For the past 3 days. I've had to restart the router probably 20 times in the past few days, and it was because nothing had an Internet connection, they all stopped working simultaneously. So I guess the question is now, what's the problem: Phone software, router settings, router hardware.

I guess at this point I need to start looking at new routers—even if it's just the configuration, my router shouldn't be crashing and needing a restart 6-7 times a day.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Call the ISP. This happened at my parents' place and it was because the coax into the house was overvoltaged or had a DC offset to the signal. They had to put in some doohickey and it stopped crashing their router every twenty minutes. It might not be the same for you but you could experiment: Try leaving the router on without any devices connected and see if it still needs a restart after a while.

OP
hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
This is kinda delayed, but.. If there's no devices connected to it, how are you supposed to know if it needs a restart? And I'm not very tech savvy, I mean I can fix my parents' phone problems but I'm not tech savvy with wifi so I have no clue really what you just said.