WIFI Connection

rlhjas

Reaction score
I am unable to connect to my wireless router at home. Router is a Actiontec provided by Verizon Fios and is set for WEP. Phone shows it connects to router but does not get a TCP/IP address that allows it to access router. All other devices using router wirelessly have no issue. Any thoughts?

rayr0d

Reaction score
I am unable to connect to my wireless router at home. Router is a Actiontec provided by Verizon Fios and is set for WEP. Phone shows it connects to router but does not get a TCP/IP address that allows it to access router. All other devices using router wirelessly have no issue. Any thoughts?

Have you tried rebooting your wireless router and then reconnecting?

Delete your wi-fi profile from your phone and reboot the phone and router ( router by unplugging for at least 10 seconds)

Have you tried switching your security settings on your router? - maybe setting to a wpa2 key will be a fix.

Hope that helps - good luck!

OP
R

rlhjas

Reaction score
Resolution to WIFI

Worked with Verizon Fios agent for over an hour. We reset router changed security and passwords several times and finally made the password all numeric and a connection was established. Hope this info might help someone else.:biggrin: