Hiding Pictures

Bro KV

Reaction score
I have some pictures on my phone that I don't want people to be able to see (pix of the wife). Right now if someone picked up the phone and went to the gallery they would see them. How would I hide them yet be able to view them?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It can be done by renaming the folder extension (I am not sure what exactly to change it to though) - personally I wouldn't suggest having any questionable photos, especially of your wife on your phone - while a file extension will hide them from plain site, it will not hide them in the case of a lost or stolen phone - and who knows where those pictures might end up

harrellj

Reaction score
If you put a file named .nomedia in that folder, anything in there will be hidden from the gallery app. However, that still doesn't hide them on the SD card. There may be an app to allow hiding of files within the file system, but I don't recall the name and I'm fairly certain it doesn't use encryption, just a simple password for protection. As tp76 said, if there's something on there you don't want to fall onto the internet, don't have them on the phone.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bro, you can send them to me for safe keeping...errrr... just kidding.
PhotoVault ~ Android Application v2.15.0 By Pacific Software Solutions, Inc. | Tools
HideNSeek ~ Android Application v2.23 By Andrew Schwimmer | Tools
Free Data Vault ~ Android Application v1.3 By Android Mart | Tools
StrongBox ~ Android Application v2.2.1 By Larry McCarty | Tools

But like everyone has already said, all these apps do is put your pics/vids/etc in a hidden folder, and a file manager or computer will find them with out an issue.

SGTiger

Reaction score
I have some pictures on my phone that I don't want people to be able to see (pix of the wife). Right now if someone picked up the phone and went to the gallery they would see them. How would I hide them yet be able to view them?

Photovault is my favorite.

OP
B

Bro KV

Reaction score
Bro, you can send them to me for safe keeping...errrr... just kidding.
PhotoVault ~ Android Application v2.15.0 By Pacific Software Solutions, Inc. | Tools
HideNSeek ~ Android Application v2.23 By Andrew Schwimmer | Tools
Free Data Vault ~ Android Application v1.3 By Android Mart | Tools
StrongBox ~ Android Application v2.2.1 By Larry McCarty | Tools

But like everyone has already said, all these apps do is put your pics/vids/etc in a hidden folder, and a file manager or computer will find them with out an issue.

LOL, thanks for the info. I am not so worried about them getting to the internet. I am more worried about the kids picking up the phone and seeing their mom doing the nasty.

Canadroid

Reaction score