Hiding folders / files

garytucson

Reaction score
I tried this method and another mentioned in another forum, both of which talk about hiding folders by adding a period/dot (.) in front of the name. I got frustrated because no matter what I did, I couldn't get it to create the file. Or so I thought! Then it hit me, like a ton of bricks - there HAS to be a setting in Astro to "show hidden files" which no one EVER mentioned. Indeed there is. You have to enable "show hidden files" in the settings for Astro or you will never see the files you create or modify by placing the . before the name. BTW - this method still works as of today with gingerbread on my Samsung Galaxy Tab, but you'll never see these files until you enable the setting.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I tried this method and another mentioned in another forum, both of which talk about hiding folders by adding a period/dot (.) in front of the name. I got frustrated because no matter what I did, I couldn't get it to create the file. Or so I thought! Then it hit me, like a ton of bricks - there HAS to be a setting in Astro to "show hidden files" which no one EVER mentioned. Indeed there is. You have to enable "show hidden files" in the settings for Astro or you will never see the files you create or modify by placing the . before the name. BTW - this method still works as of today with gingerbread on my Samsung Galaxy Tab, but you'll never see these files until you enable the setting.

Yes I mentioned this method a couple of times on this site lol.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Gundcow

Reaction score
There is an known bug in the new version of Astro that no longer lets the .nomedia files work. Whatever you do don't create one now because whatever you put in there will be deleted!!! I used this method for the last year and now I am going to have to find something else. Any other suggestions are more than welcome!!