Hi! New to the Android world

eperrine

Reaction score
Hello all,
I was suprised at christmas to unwrap an amazing Xperia x10. I was overjoyed as i previously had an iphone 3GS, but detested it ( i find iphones very over rated) . I have had this phone for a week now and i am completely joyed with the outcome. Its a great phone, and wouldn't want any other. Slim, quick, powerful, everything i need in 4 inches of heaven.

I have joined the forums to get to know the droid community, and to come on and get help, then hopefully provide help for others once i get the hang of things ;) Please PM me if you have any questions about the Xperia x10, as i will give you my knowledge on it.

I have a couple of questions to end the post;
1: Is their a way i can get a cool theme, with themed icons, and maybe even a custom lock slider? for free?
2: So is it true that 'rooting' means 'jailbraking' like in the apple world. Where you can get apps for free? Right? Correct me if im wrong. What would be the risks in rooting, and is it a complicated process?

Thank you for reading ! dancedroid

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of Android!

'rooting', for lack of a better comparison, is like 'jailbreaking' the iPhone.
You can always get apps for free with Android as it seems to have more free offerings than iPhonedancedroid.... but we here at DF do not condone piracy or warez (paid apps for free). It is a violation of of TOS. :)

Icons are not device specific and apps like Bettercut can be used to customize icons.
Themes/roms would need to be device specific.