Hi from Mexico

blakviper

Reaction score
Hi to all, I'm from Mexico, I have what the carrier calls a Motoroi X, in the US the Droid X.

Lst night I upgraded the software to 2.3.3, which is a Verizon upgrade I believe, and now I'm stuck with all the Verizon's programs and can't remove them.

I tried to run Root Explorer with no luck, it asks to upgrade it, and when I try, It tells me that I need to pay :(.

Ne way, I need to access the root to change the GPS files, which I believe were changed with the upgrade, and so far this mornign no GPS... (By GPS files I mean the *.conf one).

I also tried a perm root with visionary and no luck.

Any suggestion will be appreciated it.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Aloha welcome to the forum. head over to the DX section where u will find better info. as far as Root Explorer, unfortunately not everything is free and it is a good idea to donate to those that created these apps for us. enjoy ur stay

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

The reason you can not access your root apps is because the update broke root for you. You will need to do some research on the "D3 One-click Root Method", it was discovered for the D3 but should work on all Moto devices running 2.3.3.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! If you updated, I believe you have to re-root your Droid X again.