Hey Razr folks, should I buy the Maxx tomorrow?

tc1

Reaction score
It's probably the same thickness as the razr with the verizon case on it.

Which is a good thing, because the Droid razr without the case is awkward to hold and I'm 6 ft with large hands.

While I love this phone I'm really disgusted that 2 months later they release the maxx.

I love android and all but this kind of obscene product fragmentation makes me want to get an iphone.

If it was a better phone spec wise it would be a difficult story.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you have used a demo of both, ibwould get the Maxx as it is tebsame thing as the RAZR bit with an extended battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Zandar

Reaction score
I love android and all but this kind of obscene product fragmentation makes me want to get an iphone.
This makes less than no sense. The RAZR was already better than the iPhone 4S. If you get easily jealous/buyer's remorse, why not simply purchase a phone and then don't look at new stuff for a year or two? The Maxx in no way makes your RAZR any worse than it was when you got it. If they come out with a quad core next month (and they probably will), it in no way makes my RAZR any worse. Also, the iPhone will become more and more dated no matter if it's upgraded or not. Was the iPhone 4 cutting edge in September of last year because another iPhone hadn't come out to replace it? I can't believe that you actually hold that logic, because it's insane.

Take a deep breath and repeat after me: Unless I purchase a new phone every month, I will always have a device that's a little bit behind the latest curve. This is OK and in no way reflects upon me as a person.

Actually, if it bothers you that much, maybe you should get an iPhone. Then hipsters and barristas will pat you on the back and you can be part of the cool kids club. But you might want to read this first:
What it's like to own an Apple product - The Oatmeal

tc1

Reaction score
Like I said, if it was a better spec phone, more ram, quad core, more, features, etc. That would be buyers remorse.

Releasing a phone that is exactly the same as the prior model just 2 months later with a bigger Non replaceable battery is garbage.

Zandar

Reaction score
Like I said, if it was a better spec phone, more ram, quad core, more, features, etc. That would be buyers remorse.

Releasing a phone that is exactly the same as the prior model just 2 months later with a bigger Non replaceable battery is garbage.

If it has a single feature "upgraded" (I say that in quotes because one of the selling features of the RAZR was the thin, sexy profile), then it's an outrage. If it's three or four upgrades, then it's OK. This makes even less sense.

If you're pissed because they upgraded one part of the phone in what you deem to be a short timeframe, wouldn't you be more pissed if they upgraded several parts of it in the same timeframe?

This is how you're reacting:
"Buy the RAZR Maxx for the same price as the original RAZR, but now it has a thicker back and an extended battery!"

WHAT??!!! THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS!! HOW DARE THEY UPGRADE THE BATTERY AND SELL IT FOR THE SAME PRICE SO SOON?!!! I HATE YOU, VERIZON AND MOTOROLA!!!!!

"But that's not all. It also had an HD screen and a quad core processor, and is running the latest version of Android: Ice Cream Sandwich!"

Oh, well then I guess that's OK. I'm now happy with my original RAZR and the price I paid for it.

??????

pinoy_92

Reaction score
its up to you. would you rather pay $200 for smartphone or an extra $100 for the same exact smartphone with a bigger battery. the choice is yours.

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
If battery life is a concern, then Maxx. If you're not a heavy user, Razr should work fine. Since battery is the only upgrade, that should be your only consideration.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The maxx is very thin with the "basket weave" Verizon case it sits on the hand Better than the original Razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
If I had the chance, I'd have the Maxx right now! I'm not a razr owner, but I say YES!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

surge

Reaction score
I bought the Razr and am very happy with it. The battery lasts all day no problem. If I were buying today I'd get the Maxx.