Upgrading Droid X to Razr Maxx

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by carguy, Aug 27, 2012.

1. carguy

carguy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    haven't been on in a while, mostly my X has been preforming very well dancedroid

As our 2 year family plan nears and end in December, we are looking to upgrade. I'll be replacing my X with a Razr Maxx. From what I've read here and online, seems the big difference between the Razr & Maxx is the battery.

Looks like I can get the Maxx for $179 (@ Costco). Biggest thing I've read here is the loss of my unlimited data plan.

We pay about $140/month now for 2 smart phones, 700 minutes a month and unlimited data on both (corporate discount of 20% applied). Seems with the new structure, we'll pay $80/month for 2 smartphones plus $54 /month ($70 -20%) fro the 4GB shared data plan. Looks like the monthly bill is only a few dollars off.

Seems like the Razr/Razr Maxx is pretty solid so far. Looking forward to the new device and continued knowledge from the fine folks here at DF.net :icon_ banana:

2. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +321
    Yep the Razr MAXX is basically a regular Razr with an extended battery since the Razr is sealed we are not able to just buy the extended battery like previous phones.

I am sure you will love it, this is the best phone I have ever owned hands down. I used to have a Droid X and it does feel familiar so I am sure the adjustment will be easy for you.

Are you waiting until December to get the new phones? Because by then the Droid Razr HD or Droid M or Fighter or whatever they are going to call it might be out and that might be the one to get.

3. carguy

carguy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'll probably pull the trigger within a week or two. I usually never pay more than $100 for my phones, Iv'e never been the 'need to have the latest' type with my phones. While the Razr is available for under $90 right now, the big battery seems worth it to me.

I have the Motorola extended battery in my X now and that little extra went a long way. Really looking forward to less charging breaks wtih the new phone.

4. merridy

merridy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I upgraded from DROID X to RAZR Max. Love it. Wouldn't go back for the world. Battery is great, last all day.

5. en28so

en28so Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I lost my unlimited data when I upgraded and now I'm paranoid of my data use to be honest with you. Now I feel like I'm paying more for less. I even returned my upgrade, but could not go back to unlimited 3G. Remember that a 4G phone uses data much faster than a 3G phone. I almost used 1G of data with almost no usage just in a few days btw. I think it's better to buy a phone cash from ebay, and I have heard that you can keep unlimited 3G to 4G this way. That's what I should have done. Just my 2cts.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

6. carguy

carguy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    If I was a heavy data user, I would agree with you. Between the two of us, we average 1.6GB of data usage going over 2GB only 3 times. 4GB between the two of us should be no problem.

I can see why Verizon went this route personally, people tend to use their devices for data more than voice. Gotta make the $$ :icon_ banana:. Thankfully in our situation the monthly cost is basically the same.
    2GB/month

7. merridy

merridy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm glad I lost unlimited data. I was paranoid but they averaged it out and j was only using 3g...so I got 4 and unlimited talk and text. Which I've only had 450 minutes for the past 6 years.. now I can talk and text all I want..lol

Search tags for this page

best upgrade from droid m

dx to raxr maxx

how much is droid maxx with an upgrade?

how much is the droid razr maxx a month

is a samsung galaxy or a droid razor worth more

is it worth replacing my battery on my droid x
should i upgrade from droid x to droid razr maxx
upgrading from razr ro razr maxx
upgrading from razr to razr maxx
what replaced droid x when upgrading