Here's the 5.5.893 update file str8 from Moto. No root necessary.

Mullens

Reaction score
alright I do have a question. I just saw the 5.7 update after I did the 5.5839 update, so I'm wondering is there anyway that I can get to the 5.7.893 updates from my 5.5.893 that was originally on this thread.
I am not rooted and was completely stock prior to doing the original posters update 5.5.893.

How can I get to 5.7.893? anyway to do it without flashing back or rooting?

any help please

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Mullens

Reaction score
I'm sure everything works all nice and zippy swell at first... call me skeptical, but there are a few posters saying they're still getting the data drop-outs after a while. That has me worried the patch will work just like the way this phone worked originally... everything's fine for a couple weeks and then the problem comes back.

And what's with the posts saying moto was going to push this update in 30-60 days? I thought it was supposed to be out early November. 60 days is end of December.

I'm pretty disgusted with Motorola phones by now.

yeah dude I know that's the whole deal with this thing it's such bull. news came down from the motorola forums that they are ready to release the update and that it might be the new year before it happens.

make you wonder if they're just gonna wait and do that an ice cream sandwich at the same time. considering they said that the ice cream sandwich updates would role out around 6 weeks after the original release with nexus...

but no matter how you slice it, especially for people who bought their phone in september, waiting 4 months to have a phone work correctly is ridiculous. people shouldn't have to void the warranty and root in order to get the phone to work the way it was designed to work

DoctorV

Reaction score

DoctorV
, right above your post, updated and was using Forever Root. Whether he's still rooted, I don't know.

Well I would love to tell you whether or not I'm still rooted but uuuuhhhhh I don't know how to tell . . . :blush: Anyone have any ideas where/how to check on my phone?

318Droid

Reaction score
Well I just put this update on my phone. Phone seems much more zippy than before. The camera is also much much better. Glad I didnt have to pay for camera zoom fx! Thanks to blackmart! As far as signal issues, I can update you guys on that in the morning on my way to work. I always drop connection where I kno I have a signal at. It never fails with this phone.

DoctorV

Reaction score
Oh and you've got to be freakin' kidding me . . . I'm experiencing a data drop at the moment and I know I'm in a decent 4G area :cus: . . . . . ok it lasted about 15 minutes. I really hope that was just a fluke. I guess I can test it tomorrow at work where I'm constantly switching between 3G and 4G areas. I'll keep everyone up to date.

jkliving92

Reaction score
Apparently doesnt work if youre already running 7.893. Tried OP method and flashing in stock recovery and no luck. Bummer.

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that I was a skeptic at first, but eventually installed this leak on a COMPLETELY STOCK BIONIC. My office is my car, so I just put it through the paces in regards to the 3g/4g data handoffs.... not a single instance of white bars with no 3g/4g symbol. I will be sure to keep you all updated if I experience anything that's out of the ordinary! Cheers, Adam

jssmith76

Reaction score
Is there any reason the link in the OP isn't working? I hit the link using the phone, starts download, then says download failed. Tried 5 times now.

This post is BIONIC!

welsalex

Reaction score
Is there any reason the link in the OP isn't working? I hit the link using the phone, starts download, then says download failed. Tried 5 times now.

This post is BIONIC!

Same. Somebody update us on the best way to get the best update. Throw a link out there

briguy503

Reaction score
If you install rom manager, you can download .zip files. Even if you are not rooted. If you don't have rom manager the Bionic blocks the download of zip files.

welsalex

Reaction score
If you install rom manager, you can download .zip files. Even if you are not rooted. If you don't have rom manager the Bionic blocks the download of zip files.

Thank you. Essential information that was left out of all threads here and androidforums

713King

Reaction score
Wow guys read the post that are posted here instead of posting a question that may have been answered already.

Just go to this link and follow the steps, they are so easy I did the updates in 5 minutes.

Leaked 5.7.893 Full update (.886 --> .893) - Android Forums

If after you read it and you are still having problems than feel free to pm me.

Edit: you do not need rom manager for this I downloaded the zip with the phones browser and just transfred the file with the File app that's stock on our phones and moved the file from Internal Memory to SD and NO you do not need to create a folder to drop on the files.

Last edited:

welsalex

Reaction score
Yeah this is supposivly an official update that has been leaked correct? With us have any adverse affects on maintaining the official upgrade path? What is everyone thoughts on this I'd like to know