Here's the 5.5.893 update file str8 from Moto. No root necessary.

fucco

Reaction score
Were u previously on 5.7.893. Also upon updating did you maintain root

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

devils3023

Reaction score
Download fails everytime...hmmm...im on wifi now if that makes a difference. I click the link in the first post, a web page starts to load then disappears and the downloading icon appears in the notification bar. After a few seconds it stops and when I drag the notification bar down it shows download unsuccessful. Checked the "download" folder anyway using Files app and nothing...Any ideas?

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Download fails everytime...hmmm...im on wifi now if that makes a difference. I click the link in the first post, a web page starts to load then disappears and the downloading icon appears in the notification bar. After a few seconds it stops and when I drag the notification bar down it shows download unsuccessful. Checked the "download" folder anyway using Files app and nothing...Any ideas?

can you dl to a computer and then move via usb?

voodooman128

Reaction score
Update still not saying that there's an update.

wallkillsoccer3

Reaction score
Getting this message after I try installing from Recovery.

failed apply_patch_check("/system/framework/framework-res.apk"
Also this follows underneath; tmp/sideload/package.zip

Any ideas? Thanks

devils3023

Reaction score
can you dl to a computer and then move via usb?

Ok, downloaded to my laptop, then transferred file to "download" folder since sd card was not an option. Used the Files app and moved it to sd card. Went to check for updates and no update found. I noticed that the file is zipped in the sd card and tried to unzip, but it says "extraction failed". It created a new folder called "Blur..blah blah" but has zero items in it.

darkstarchuck

Reaction score
Were u previously on 5.7.893. Also upon updating did you maintain root

This is the big question. A guy over at Rootzwiki says it won't maintain root, says a key file has been changed.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Alittle update on the update. At first it was really zippy now my data connection is dropping quite abit. I don't know. Maybe its because I am on the boarder of 4g/3g at my parents house. But since the data drops it has force closed a few apps that I have been using cause of the data connection loss. Looks like i'll be returning my bionic to Verizon to get a new one. Hehe

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

dbb

Reaction score
Worked for me. Downloaded to pc and dragged it into the sd card via my pc. I opened up "files" app on bionic and click SD card and it immediately found it and did update. Weird though, I had 50% battery, and after the few minute install, I was down to 5%. Havent really noticed anything different in the very little I have gotten to use it though. But, thats because the darn thing is plugged in charging (this ext. battery really stinks)

dbb

Reaction score
Sorry this may sound silly, but anyone have a list as to what this update is supposed to address?

devils3023

Reaction score
Ok, finally got it to recognize the final and prompt me to do the update. One question before I apply it though. Will installing this "update" have any effect on receiving future updates from moto/vzw? I don't want to install this and then not be able to apply the big ICS update when it comes out.

devils3023

Reaction score
Can anyone who installed this confirm whether it fixes the keyboard/touch screen issues when charging? It is difficult to type accurately and using the touch screen in general while charging.

713King

Reaction score
Alittle update on the update. At first it was really zippy now my data connection is dropping quite abit. I don't know. Maybe its because I am on the boarder of 4g/3g at my parents house. But since the data drops it has force closed a few apps that I have been using cause of the data connection loss. Looks like i'll be returning my bionic to Verizon to get a new one. Hehe

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Hopefully you get a refurbished phone with more problems, Hehe