Here are some custom easy boot animations.

17akota

Reaction score
LOL I would shoot my phone if I ever turned it on and that guy came out singing . Seriously the deagle would pop off quick . FUNNY nice work Casen . You ever thing of like video game intros like Gears of war 3 , BLACK OPS , tom clancy GHOST RECON future soldiers ? just food for thought . MAYBE even gaming console start up intros like the 360 , PS3 . ANYWAY HAVE FUN

now those are some awesome ideas. i just wish i knew how to do all this stuff. id make some if i knew how to do the movie like ones with sounds. anyway love the rotting apple to blue lighting one. :D

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
***EDIT** updated to a working Megaupload for both Gingerbread and Froyo

Gentlemen, I would like to present to you......
Boondock Saints: The Boot Animation.

[video=youtube;RdDzfmHrLw8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdDzfmHrLw8[/video]

The Boot Logo is from:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...moto-logo.html
on the 3rd or 4th page.
The Download link, which as always, is a install.zip through bootstrap is here:
FROYO ONLY:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZNM1681Q

GINGERBREAD ONLY:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XY9PUM30

ENJOY!

Last edited:

Daali

Reaction score
Here is my D*mn Small Linux Boot on X!
I like it. Got a link?

Let me know what you think Bro, it was my first one. Painful.

Also, if anyone gets a black screen while doing these... set your 7zip to "STORE"
MBK said it here in July:
When you zip up that bootanimation.zip you need to just archive it uncompressed... if using 7zip, just zip it using 'store'

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
Question if I install a custom boot animation will that have any effect on future ota updates?? Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
Question if I install a custom boot animation will that have any effect on future ota updates?? Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
It shouldn't. But the original is somewhere in this thread jnc

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
Here is my D*mn Small Linux Boot on X!
I like it. Got a link?

Let me know what you think Bro, it was my first one. Painful.

Also, if anyone gets a black screen while doing these... set your 7zip to "STORE"
MBK said it here in July:
When you zip up that bootanimation.zip you need to just archive it uncompressed... if using 7zip, just zip it using 'store'
I do like it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ArmyDude

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've messed with animated gifs.... essential for boot animation.... what's the best software available to make this easy?

Daali

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've messed with animated gifs.... essential for boot animation.... what's the best software available to make this easy?

I've been ripping them from .avi's etc... Virtual Dub will export from avi's, etc to jpgs/png. If you need to rename them in sequence, grab BatchFileRenamer 5.0 . sometimes I mass resize them with FotoSizer

To make them really nice(more full screen) you will have some editing to do, however, my wife says that you can roll up some of those repeat commands in Photo shop. Once you have your part0/part1/part2 sections, you need to make the desc.txt file. These are all rips from movies, so they are at 15~23 fps, hence the large size. I was just testing, there is a lot you could do to get them down to 3~8mbs(respectable).

Last edited:

ArmyDude

Reaction score
So... It's not much. A first start at animated boot... but for Cowboys fans... you see the wave reflection is animated.

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Ok. Another one... I think is cool.... NFL Red Zone... With Sound!

gif isn't full 480 X 854... but the animation is full screen!

RedZone.gif

Filename: RedZone Boot Animation.zip
File description: NFL Red Zone Droid X Boot Animation W/Sound
File size: 14.34 MB

Mega Upload LINK!

Download... Extract the 2 files (Sound and other zip)... copy both to phone and place in /system/media directory. Don't forget to rename the zip appropriatly.

Daali

Reaction score
Ok. Another one... I think is cool.... NFL Red Zone... With Sound!

gif isn't full 480 X 854... but the animation is full screen!

RedZone.gif

Filename: RedZone Boot Animation.zip
File description: NFL Red Zone Droid X Boot Animation W/Sound
File size: 14.34 MB

Mega Upload LINK!

Download... Extract the 2 files (Sound and other zip)... copy both to phone and place in /system/media directory. Don't forget to rename the zip appropriatly.

Nice!! I liked the comboy's one too.

Just a fyi, the sound is the only thing that has to go into the /system/media folder since the bootanimation executable looks there for it. The bootanimation executable looks in /data/local first for the bootanimation.zip for the graphics, then the /system/media.

Last edited: