Here are some custom easy boot animations.

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Thanks. Let's see what I can come up with.

Don't suppose your gonna put up a step by step for BA's? Hint hint:)

I can give pointers... the only issue is that there are so many different types of software out there that can rip movie clips.... extract frames... etc. Also ones to make animations from pics. Hopefully one day in the near future, I can come up with something.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks. I'm looking into it. Pretty much want to be able to do anything with this phone. Learn one thing and wanna keep on moving:)

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
Here is an explanation on how I make the animations.

1: I find a video I would like to make into a boot animation.

2: I have firefox add-ons, (take your pick of which ever one) that allows me to download videos off the internet.

3: I cut the portion of the video I would like, (roughly 45 seconds or so), Using any video cutter i can find. Right now, I am using "Free Video Cutter".
Also, I open the video with Media Player Classic to find the frame rate of the video.

4: Use an audio extractor and extract the audio from the portion of the video i cut. Rename that audio (whatever).mp3. I use android.mp3 as the desc files i use all look for that.

5: Use a program to extract .jpg from video files. I use DVDFree Studio Manager, Free video to jpg converter. I set it to convert all frames.

6: Use a batch file editor to adjust the resolution, orientation, and rename the files to be 5 digit sequential numbers (*** Last part is not necessarily needed. Just make sure the files are sequentially numbered somewhere in the filename. I do it to make it look better in the folder***).

7: I always open and extract one of my old update files (any of the links i made), pull the boot animation in there, and unzip that boot animation.

8: Open the part0 folder, and erase all the old contents, and replace with what you made with Step 6.

9: Open the desc.txt.

In the desc.txt is something that looks like this

480 480 29
0 0 part0
s android.mp3

Make sure the framerate (in my example it is the "29") number matches what your video is. (If the framerate is like 29.345 or something, just round up or down to the closest whole number)

The s android.mp3 is the name of the audio file. "
If your audio is named something different then just change the "android.mp3"
LEAVE THE S and the space following.

Close and save the desc.txt when your finished.

10: Now select only the desc.txt and part0 file and folder, then add zip those up using your zipping program of choice. (I use WinRAR).
****SET COMPRESSION TO """"STORE"""" AND NAME EXACTLY " bootanimation.zip "****

11: Now, find any of the update.zips i made, (or the one that was extracted earlier, JUST MAKE SURE TO SELECT ONE THAT IS STILL ZIPPED)

Open it with WinRAR, (Just double click to get into the archive)
Open the "system" folder, followed by the "media" folder.

Now, drag the audio file in there, and it should open up a window.
**Don't change anything in that window, just click OK** If you named it android.mp3, it will just replace the old one.
Do the same thing with the bootanimation.zip that you created. Just drag it in, click OK and let it replace the old one.

12: Close the WinRAR window, and get that update.zip file on to your SDCARD and apply the update with bootstrap recovery.

If all the steps were followed correctly, then you should have a nice new animation.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

2: I have firefox add-ons, (take your pick of which ever one) that allows me to download videos off the internet.

3: I cut the portion of the video I would like, (roughly 45 seconds or so), Using any video cutter i can find. Right now, I am using "Free Video Cutter".
Also, I open the video with Media Player Classic to find the frame rate of the video.

4: Use an audio extractor and extract the audio from the portion of the video i cut. Rename that audio (whatever).mp3. I use android.mp3 as the desc files i use all look for that.

5: Use a program to extract .jpg from video files. I use DVDFree Studio Manager, Free video to jpg converter. I set it to convert all frames.

6: Use a batch file editor to adjust the resolution, orientation, and rename the files to be 5 digit sequential numbers (*** Last part is not necessarily needed. Just make sure the files are sequentially numbered somewhere in the filename. I do it to make it look better in the folder***).

7: I always open and extract one of my old update files (any of the links i made), pull the boot animation in there, and unzip that boot animation.

8: Open the part0 folder, and erase all the old contents, and replace with what you made with Step 6.

480 480 29
0 0 part0
s android.mp3

Make sure the framerate (in my example it is the "29") number matches what your video is. (If the framerate is like 29.345 or something, just round up or down to the closest whole number)

10: Now select only the desc.txt and part0 file and folder, then add zip those up using your zipping program of choice. (I use WinRAR).

11: Now, find any of the update.zips i made, (or the one that was extracted earlier, JUST MAKE SURE TO SELECT ONE THAT IS STILL ZIPPED)

**Don't change anything in that window, just click OK** If you named it android.mp3, it will just replace the old one.
Do the same thing with the bootanimation.zip that you created. Just drag it in, click OK and let it replace the old one.

12: Close the WinRAR window, and get that update.zip file on to your SDCARD and apply the update with bootstrap recovery.

If all the steps were followed correctly, then you should have a nice new animation.

Thanks Casen! I've noticed you do mostly movie clips. Does this work for GIF animations?

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
I dont have a .GIF to .jpg converter, nor do i know of one. But I am sure a simple google search will find one somewhere on the internet.

17akota

Reaction score

480 480 29
0 0 part0
s android.mp3

THANK YOU!! iv been wanting to figure this out for a while now. haha. Now time to find a xbox 360 start up video. :D

ArmyDude

Reaction score
I dont have a .GIF to .jpg converter, nor do i know of one. But I am sure a simple google search will find one somewhere on the internet.

Download VirtualDub to export image sequence from gif files. Tis what I use! Also, you can use gimp to do images and create gifs. Obviously each image is a layer. You can preview by going to Filters ... Animation... Playback

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score

Download VirtualDub to export image sequence from gif files. Tis what I use! Also, you can use gimp to do images and create gifs. Obviously each image is a layer. You can preview by going to Filters ... Animation... Playback

Did not know. Also, your tutorial rocked. Now im making boot animations and logos!

17akota

Reaction score
hmmmm. i cant get it to work. i did everything you said and it still showed my old bootanimation. :/

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
hmmmm. i cant get it to work. i did everything you said and it still showed my old bootanimation. :/

Navigate to /data/local/ and erase whatever boot animation you may have in there

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
A messed up bootanimation.zip. it pushed the one you made, but its made wrong.

Did you select ONLY the part0 folder and desc.txt and zip them in STORE mode only?

17akota

Reaction score
A messed up bootanimation.zip. it pushed the one you made, but its made wrong.

Did you select ONLY the part0 folder and desc.txt and zip them in STORE mode only?

yes sir. i just tried it again cuz i used 7-zip berfore, this time i used WinRAR. maybe they compress different. Damn, still nothing. :/