Help!

Michael35F

Reaction score
So I have BB and I am trying to install Chevy1 7 slot 1.25 LV. I downloaded and wiped and cached, but now I can not reboot. I also tried to connect via USB and my PC will not let me access the SD. It shows the removable drive F, but when I click it gives a warning asking me to "Please insert a disk into drive F". I can read the card in RM, however I never deleted the old update.zip from the BB install. If I am not mistaken I need to delete the old uninstall.zip or at least rename it before I can install the Chevy1. How can I do this? please help!

kristoff125

Reaction score
Damn, never had clockwork, I know in SPRecovery you can mount the SD to the computer easily.

OP
M

Michael35F

Reaction score
well I got it back to factory settings and got oi file manager and deleted update.zip from the phone that way. Re-downloaded BB, and am now reinstalling to see if that works

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I read your OP correctly you had BB installed and wanted to install one od Chevy's kernels to OC your phone. If that is correct then you did not need to wipe. Reinstall BB make a backup then load the OC kernel via update zip but do NOT wipe

OP
M

Michael35F

Reaction score
Ok so I'm back to BB with stock kernels. I DL'd Chevy1 again. now I know I am supposed to rename the file, but where is it? what folder and what is the name?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Make sure that there are no other update.zip files on your sd card. if there are remove or rename. Rename Chevy's kernel to update.zip. Then, move Chevy's kernel to your Sd card, boot into recovery and install.

OP
M

Michael35F

Reaction score
right I got that. Where am I moving it from? and how do I know what it is called right now?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
This time DO NOT WIPE Just install the OC kernel

OP
M

Michael35F

Reaction score
Ok. I have not wiped. I just went to Rom Manager and downloaded the new Kernel. Now I just need to know what the next step is. If the next step is to rename the new kernel than how do I find it? I don't know what it is called right now or where on my SD it is

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
My mistake. I had not realized you are using RM. In RM you do not rename-- you select the kernel and download. The status of the download can been seen in the notification bar. Once the download is complete move the notification bar down and tap the file. RM will automatically install the kernel and reboot you back.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
No it is different steps with SPR and RM The important thing is to get your phone where you want it and are happy with it.

OP
M

Michael35F

Reaction score
ok so now I guess its working but on setcpu I can only set my max at 550. Whats up with that?