Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
No longer than 5 maybe 10mins at the most. But my phone looped today so I pulled the battery and got it on the 2nd try. Happens sometimes. What rom did you flash?

Swyped from a Droid

OP
J

jdb2797

Reaction score
I flashed bugless last night. It rebooted in under 60 seconds. everything's working well. However, I just received a message that said it came from vzn. it told me to return my defective device or I could be charged $500. and that i would receive a receipt within 2 days. Then i replied asking what defective device and a txt came back labeled from "Me" saying thanks for the reply but the number was not an inbox and that i needed to call the number for assistance. Is it a scam or do I really need to worry that I'm gonna get charged $500?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
I have never heard of that. Never seen that posted before either. I can't tell you how many times I've flashes a rom and never got any messages from VZW. I've used everything I linked you to without any issues. To play it safe, you could call customer service and say you got a message but erased it before you read it. Ask if they have a record of it.

Do you have any prankster friends?

Swyped from a Droid

OP
J

jdb2797

Reaction score
Not any that would do this. I dont think it was real though, because when i replied to the initial txt the following txt that i received came from a number named "ME"

OP
J

jdb2797

Reaction score
I think I just figured it out though. about a week ago i had gone in to get a phone sent to me through warranty becuase the charging section of the phone had bent. but i fixed it and thats when i decided to root and ROM it. Well the phone just came in so they prob just sent the txt to inform me to get one of the two sent back in

OP
J

jdb2797

Reaction score
Yeah, so I'm just gonna return the one that the warranty people sent me. since technically I can't send mine back the way it is

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
Glad you got it working. If you havent already, make a nandroid backup. Its the Backup/Restore option in SP. If anything goes wrong down the road, that backup will restore your phone the way it was when you made the backup.

OP
J

jdb2797

Reaction score
So i downloaded the newest version of the google apps or whatever like you said i needed to do for the cyanogen ROM. Do all I need to do with that is copy the file onto the sd card or is there something else that i need to do with that?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it the "gapps.zip" file? If so you boot into recovery and flash it like you did the ROM.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
J

jdb2797

Reaction score
Yeah I got it. So what would you guys recommend for a really good ROM? what are some of the features of the ROM

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
Now that you've got the hang of it, try any and all of them. As long as you have a good backup, you cant go wrong. You could probably find a list of features or channel logs from the devs website or in the OP of the rom's thread.