***********help***********

only126db

Reaction score
I flashed Liberty and Epic Blue....

Everything was good, no issues....

I wanted to try a different rom but cant....

I guess I didnt back up my factory rom because I cant find it and really dont know what the F I am doing.

I thought I only needed Titan. and Clockworks, but I dont know wtf happened.

Followed the directions exactly like they were posted for the install of Liberty.

Like I said it went nice and easy, but want to try something else.

What do I do????

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you want to try a new rom, you don't really need a stock backup, you just need to use the bootstrapper to get in o clockwork and flash the new rom. what specifically are you trying to do?

OP
O

only126db

Reaction score
if you want to try a new rom, you don't really need a stock backup, you just need to use the bootstrapper to get in o clockwork and flash the new rom. what specifically are you trying to do?

well i found out the one rom i wanted was for D1 not D2 so thats out…………

OP
O

only126db

Reaction score
I wish some D1 ROM's worked on the D2....I would so love to try LGB on my D2....
You following me ? :D

Yeah I am such a noob I didnt realize the Epic Blue theme I wanted was for Project Elite.

I wanted the cube transition thing and well everything on the theme looked better than the Liberty one.

Any how maybe you can help or point me in the right direction.

I liked the Liberty it seemed very stable, but now it's not, I am getting force closes and stuff.

Here is what I get.

On Boot:

1) The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again *Force Close*

2) The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again *Force Close*

Also my Titanium backup cannot get root access, tried to update busybox in the app downloads then says FAIL

Tried Symlink BusyBox Applications inside Liberty Tools then I get this:

1) The application Liberty Tool Box (process.comjrummy.liberty.toolbox) has stopped unexpectedly. *Force Close*

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you got a bad download of the ROM....re download the ROM (a different one) then re wipe/factory reset and reinstall the ROM should be good from there

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Also my Titanium backup cannot get root access, tried to update busybox in the app downloads then says FAIL

1) The application Liberty Tool Box (process.comjrummy.liberty.toolbox) has stopped unexpectedly. *Force Close*

This really sounds like you're not even rooted properly. I've seen this problem a few times and it was a user error not being rooted or not being rooted correctly.

I would definitely advise you to SBF back to stock, make sure things are up-to-date, root the correct way, then get onto the ROM and Epic Blue theme. You can have Epic Blue on Liberty 1.5. I did.

OP
O

only126db

Reaction score

This really sounds like you're not even rooted properly. I've seen this problem a few times and it was a user error not being rooted or not being rooted correctly.

I would definitely advise you to SBF back to stock, make sure things are up-to-date, root the correct way, then get onto the ROM and Epic Blue theme. You can have Epic Blue on Liberty 1.5. I did.

Everything was good till I started trying to change roms, then I ended up with this mess.

Everything actually works fine ecxluding those two force closes at boot (so i dont shut my phone off) and the titanium issue.

But yes I am going to go back to stock as soon as I can find the correct file and the proper directions on how to do it.

OP
O

only126db

Reaction score
nerdslogic the link in yoir sig is no good, bricked my phone

OP
O

only126db

Reaction score
nerdslogic the link in yoir sig is no good, bricked my phone

Those sbf files are good did you use the right one?

used the one cor d2 i think it was the rsd instru tions i read somewhere after the fact that u need to catch the phone before the automatic reboot.

there are so many versions of directions to do the same thing and with the same programs its just stupid.

i am just going to buy a new phone and leave it a stock overpri ed POS.

i spent enough money in the market and its all gone, unless it vot backed up by google which i highly doubt it.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have used those links over 50 times and haven't bricked a phone yet with them.

Are you sure it wasn't you throwing your phone that "bricked it" like you said in your PM?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
lulz :)

good stuff

Serious dude....I am not lying.

only126db said:
nerdslogic said:
Well I did the rsd lite and it said 100% but still in process, it also said manually power up the phone but it was too late it was in boot loop.

its now a pile of ****

This is why I don't do the rsd thing....give me a bit and I will jump on to help you....what kind of phone?
Sent from a Liberated Droid 2 using the DF app.
it was a d2 now its fu ked because i threw it. tired of all the bull **** directions people give. i will just have to spend $100 and get a new one under warranty.