Virgin Rom Theme Install Need Help

only126db

Reaction score
Ok I have looked around and there seems to be 10 million sets of directions to root, rom and theme.

Well I rooted, my D2 and for some reason it was way easier then any set of directions I saw online.

I just downloaded Z4root and installed it everything else said you gotta have this that and the other but I guess not.

Who can give me directions on what programs I need to get this rom and theme installed and running.

As the title says this is a virgin install, all I currently have after my root is the Z4root, Superuser and JRummy Droid2 Overclock (1.35Ghz med. voltage).

PS will I lose my other apps etc once I flash??

Want to use Liberty and Epic Blue theme on a D2

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ok I have looked around and there seems to be 10 million sets of directions to root, rom and theme.

Well I rooted, my D2 and for some reason it was way easier then any set of directions I saw online.

I just downloaded Z4root and installed it everything else said you gotta have this that and the other but I guess not.

Who can give me directions on what programs I need to get this rom and theme installed and running.

As the title says this is a virgin install, all I currently have after my root is the Z4root, Superuser and JRummy Droid2 Overclock (1.35Ghz med. voltage).

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-d2/122034-rom-one-small-step-man-one-giant-leap-liberty-1-5-2-2-2011-a.html

Has all the instructions needed to install liberty. As for installing a theme, boot into clockwork recovery, install from zip, select the zip and then wait for it to install, reboot when done and your good to go.

Yes, you will lose all your apps. Use Titanium Backup from the market to back up user apps (only user apps, not system apps.... they can cause issues) and then when your done flashing liberty reinstall TI and then batch restore user apps.

OP
O

only126db

Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...an-one-giant-leap-liberty-1-5-2-2-2011-a.html

Has all the instructions needed to install liberty. As for installing a theme, boot into clockwork recovery, install from zip, select the zip and then wait for it to install, reboot when done and your good to go.

Yes, you will lose all your apps. Use Titanium Backup from the market to back up user apps (only user apps, not system apps.... they can cause issues) and then when your done flashing liberty reinstall TI and then batch restore user apps.

So all I should need extra is Titanium and Clockworks

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
And the two zip files on your sd card before you start. Just make sure to follow the directions to the letter in the Liberty post.

OP
O

only126db

Reaction score
And the two zip files on your sd card before you start. Just make sure to follow the directions to the letter in the Liberty post.

Well yeah, I just meant extra, beyond the theme and rom :D

Now since I paid for Jrummy's D2 Overclock but Liberty has Overclock (is it the same one?) will mine mess with the Liberty overclock?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Now since I paid for Jrummy's D2 Overclock but Liberty has Overclock (is it the same one?) will mine mess with the Liberty overclock?

I don't remember liberty having one built it. I used Jrummy's with liberty without any problems so it shouldn't.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

OP
O

only126db

Reaction score

I don't remember liberty having one built it. I used Jrummy's with liberty without any problems so it shouldn't.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

It says this on the page you linked to, is this something different?

Settings

• App Theme (change theme of toolbox)
  • Notify for ROM updates/patches
  • Lockscreen Settings
  • Recovery safe mode
  • Overclocking
  • Sysctl Support
  • Camera Shutter Sound
  • Tools (Spare Parts, Dev Tools, Testing Menu)
  • Restore apps feature
  • Set install location on boot
  • Zipalign apps on reboot
  • Clear cache on reboot
  • Fix permissions on reboot

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That just meant that you CAN overclock with it. I thought about it later, it has a script built into the terminal emulator that can be used to overclock if you dont have Jrummy's OC app. Sorry for the confusion.

OP
O

only126db

Reaction score
That just meant that you CAN overclock with it. I thought about it later, it has a script built into the terminal emulator that can be used to overclock if you dont have Jrummy's OC app. Sorry for the confusion.

Thats ok, I got it up and running, just using the D2 Overclock since I already have it.