**Help**

Mitsub06

Reaction score
I have a droid 2 global stock. I keep trying to install roms on it and cant seem to get it to work. I follow the instructions and when the rom installs i can't get the phone out of airplane mode. I install z4 root, bootstrap and make a backup before i delete data and cache. Please some one guide me through this. I hate the custom rom.

OP
M

Mitsub06

Reaction score
I don't hate the roms. just don't like the stock rom. I did root the phone. I even tried to install a new theme and can't seem to do it.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, so your problem is that you hate the stock ROM and you're trying to install Fisson. When you attempt to install Fission, with full wipes, you get stuck with Airplane mode on and you can't get it to turn off. This is after you've reactivated your phone on the network. Correct?

OP
M

Mitsub06

Reaction score
i cant even re activate cause the phone is stuck in Airplane mode.

trook

Reaction score
You can ONLY run fission for the droid 2 global. Flashing a droid 2 rom will cause exactly what your describing.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
But are you flashing the D2G version of the ROM is what trook is asking. :) If not you'll have problems ranging from minor (no radio, like you're experiencing now) to a softbricked device stuck in the bootloader. Do you have the SBF and RSD Lite ready and waiting in case something breaks?