Help with voice search dx

dg4892

Reaction score
I've had liberty 1.5 for almost a week and today I've been having troubles with voice search. After I tell it what I want, it analyzes what I said and then an error pops up saying it will new force closed. Has happened over and over again. Droid x over clocked to 1.3, other than that no different modifications.

Thanks,
Dustin

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
dg4892

dg4892

Reaction score
Here's a screen shot of the error...
aefc410f-be3f-a17e.jpg

jonwgee

Reaction score
have you tired uninstalling and re-downloading from the market? Looks like you're running a themed version?

OP
dg4892

dg4892

Reaction score
Yes I actually just did that before I posted the picture. I'm using the red theme from liberty 1.5 toolbox. But any who, uninstalling it and re-installing it did not work. Still getting the error message.

Last edited:

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, I just started using liberty 1.5 today, and one of the first things I noticed is that there seems to be no voice recognition at all. Am I missing something? I don't have the voice button in any of the places I usually see it ie keyboard and search bar...

OP
dg4892

dg4892

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, I just started using liberty 1.5 today, and one of the first things I noticed is that there seems to be no voice recognition at all. Am I missing something? I don't have the voice button in any of the places I usually see it ie keyboard and search bar...

Well my voice search seems to be working now, I'll post here if it acts up again. But for you I may have a solution.
1)If using Gingerbread keyboard do the following: Settings> Language & keyboard> Gingerbread keyboard(settings)> Voice Input. A windows will show up, pick "On main keyboard" if you want it right next to the space bar.

2)If using Android keyboard(this is the stock one so you're probably using this) do the following: Settings> Language & keyboard> Android keyboard > Voice Input. Then choose "On Main keyboard"

hope this helps

-Dustin

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score

Well my voice search seems to be working now, I'll post here if it acts up again. But for you I may have a solution.
1)If using Gingerbread keyboard do the following: Settings> Language & keyboard> Gingerbread keyboard(settings)> Voice Input. A windows will show up, pick "On main keyboard" if you want it right next to the space bar.

2)If using Android keyboard(this is the stock one so you're probably using this) do the following: Settings> Language & keyboard> Android keyboard > Voice Input. Then choose "On Main keyboard"

hope this helps

-Dustin

Ya I tried all that and the options didn't exist. But I downloaded voice search from the market after reading a different post on here and now it's all good :) thanks for the help anyway

OP
dg4892

dg4892

Reaction score
Jesus I didn't even think of that lol... That should have been my first suggestion, brain fat ftw.