[HELP] Voice Search Problem!

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Let me check for a different command line when I get home from work later on. Those command lines have never failed me to uninstall an app. I even tested it last night before I went to bed and it worked fine for me. Ill look at a different command line and report it here in a little while.

Sent from a different galaxy in space...

OP
T

Tygr

Reaction score
Swagger, it appears that my phone is automatically loading applications from my backed up original ROM. Is this possible?

1. I re-flashed Liberty 2.0.1 after factory reset and clearing cache.

2. I never visited the market.

3. After a reboot my phone has a few apps on it. Voice search included.

Where are these apps hiding and how are they loading themselves?
I found Voice Search in /System/App
It reads GoogleVoice.apk

Your help is still fantastically appreciated, thank you.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Swagger, it appears that my phone is automatically loading applications from my backed up original ROM. Is this possible?

1. I re-flashed Liberty 2.0.1 after factory reset and clearing cache.

2. I never visited the market.

3. After a reboot my phone has a few apps on it. Voice search included.

Where are these apps hiding and how are they loading themselves?
I found Voice Search in /System/App
It reads GoogleVoice.apk

Your help is still fantastically appreciated, thank you.

What have you been doing to the phone since then? I don't understand what you just did to it that is "automatically loading applications from my backed up original ROM."

You don't need to keep re-flashing the ROM. It's just a simple problem with mounting your system. I did have another command line, that was a bit shorter, that would remove the original Voice Search app. Google Voice and Voice Search are 2 different things.

Since you seem to be having a bit of trouble with the Emulator, I'd like to ask if you have Titanium Backup by any chance? If you do, wonderful, we can uninstall Voice Search through that easily. If not, then I'll go ahead and provide the command line.

OP
T

Tygr

Reaction score
I had used bootstrap recovery.

I have:
-original ROM (motorola, Blur, the way I bought it)
-Liberty 1.5
-Liberty 2.0.1

I flashed Liberty 2.0.1 again, but since I have the others saved on my SDcard, I was wondering if it was pulling old applications from that somehow.

I can download Titanium if it will make things easier.
Do i need pro?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
No, it won't be pulling stuff from your backups.

Since you don't have Titanium Backup, I would say go ahead and get that since it will be easier for you to use.

OP
T

Tygr

Reaction score
I downloaded Titanium. Do I need pro?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Not sure yet, but just go ahead and click on Backup/Restore tab and scroll down to Voice Search. Click on Voice Search one time and click on Uninstall ! and reboot your phone. If this goes well, then try redownloading the app and see if that fixes anything now.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I have searched all over for a answer to this, however I can't seem find a working solution.

I press the mic hard key on my Liberty 2.0.1 Droid 2 and it comes up with
-Messaging (from liberty)
-and Voice Search

I downloaded Voice Search by Google several times now and still cannot get it to work. I remember before Liberty I could press the hard key and it would allow me to TALK, transcribing my speech into text. Now it forces me to use the Voice Search program which is rather finicky and not my taste.

Is there a way I can get this Voice to Text working correctly again? I miss it. :(
If you use gingerbread keyboard, either the offical or the modded one on the market. If you tap the soft mic key it will work like you want. You might try installing it and leaving disabled if you don't like it and see if that helps. Also you can try going to settings/muti touch keyboard/ and mess with the dictation setting.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
T

Tygr

Reaction score
If you use gingerbread keyboard, either the offical or the modded one on the market. If you tap the soft mic key it will work like you want. You might try installing it and leaving disabled if you don't like it and see if that helps. Also you can try going to settings/muti touch keyboard/ and mess with the dictation setting.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Xplorer4x4, help me understand what you mean?

I have Liberty 2.0.1 and am not positive which keyboard it has installed. I went into my options to learn a bit, but I am still unfamiliar with the keyboard and setting.

I don't know which keyboard I am using.
I don't have a soft mic key, liberty removed it.
Install what and leave it disabled?
Where in settings do I look for multi touch keyboard?

I apologize for not knowing this phone front to back, I am working hard to learn.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I have Liberty 2.0.1 and am not positive which keyboard it has installed. I went into my options to learn a bit, but I am still unfamiliar with the keyboard and setting.

1. I don't know which keyboard I am using.
2. I don't have a soft mic key, liberty removed it.
3. Install what and leave it disabled?
4. Where in settings do I look for multi touch keyboard?

I apologize for not knowing this phone front to back, I am working hard to learn.
We all have to start some where but your going to smack yourself on this one:p, it is easiest to start on number 4, then jump back to 1:
4. Menu button(or app drawer)->settings(might be preferences depending on what home app you use)->Language and Keyboard. ;)

1. In the setting above, look for a check mark and it will tel you which one you are using. It should be swype or multitouch. Swype has a white theme while multitouch is a darker themed keyboard.

2. If you have google voice search installed it will show up on multitouch keyboard. To lazy to check swype, sorry. Atleast on my phone, the mic key shows up on the touch screen multitouch keyboard.

3. Install gingerbread keyboard. This is the new keyboard google added in android 2.3(code name gingerbread). Liberty uses Android 2.2(code name froyo). Theres 2 gingerbread keyboards you can use:
Modded: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.moo.android.inputmethod.latin
This adds a nice set of customizable options to the stock gingerbread keyboard like themes. Theres a more basic free version to.
Official: Renamed Gingerbread Keyboard - updated 2010-12-28 - xda-developers Ok well this one was tweaked slightly but only to fix some bugs like the font being to small on some devices.
You can try to install either one and activate from the menu in #4, just be sure to disable the other keyboards. I did notice that if you use it, spell check will not work on the physical keyboard though, atleast on the one from XDA. Cant recall about the other one on the market.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score

1. I don't know which keyboard I am using.
2. I don't have a soft mic key, liberty removed it.
3. Install what and leave it disabled?
4. Where in settings do I look for multi touch keyboard?

We all have to start some where but your going to smack yourself on this one:p, it is easiest to start on number 4, then jump back to 1:
4. Menu button(or app drawer)->settings(might be preferences depending on what home app you use)->Language and Keyboard. ;)

1. In the setting above, look for a check mark and it will tel you which one you are using. It should be swype or multitouch. Swype has a white theme while multitouch is a darker themed keyboard.

2. If you have google voice search installed it will show up on multitouch keyboard. To lazy to check swype, sorry. Atleast on my phone, the mic key shows up on the touch screen multitouch keyboard.

3. Install gingerbread keyboard. This is the new keyboard google added in android 2.3(code name gingerbread). Liberty uses Android 2.2(code name froyo). Theres 2 gingerbread keyboards you can use:
Modded: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.moo.android.inputmethod.latin
This adds a nice set of customizable options to the stock gingerbread keyboard like themes. Theres a more basic free version to.
Official: Renamed Gingerbread Keyboard - updated 2010-12-28 - xda-developers Ok well this one was tweaked slightly but only to fix some bugs like the font being to small on some devices.
You can try to install either one and activate from the menu in #4, just be sure to disable the other keyboards. I did notice that if you use it, spell check will not work on the physical keyboard though, atleast on the one from XDA. Cant recall about the other one on the market.

Good suggestion. Didn't think of that. Probably because I never see these problems on my phone like a lot of other people do. I don't understand how I'm having very small to no problems at all. Maybe its just the steps people take differently in flashing or installing ROMs and themes than others do, thus creating a problem they see that people like myself don't see. I've had only one very critical error and it just turned out to be on Google's end and not a hacker or something I did.

Anyways, Tygr, I would try out the suggestion Xplorer4x4 gave you before we do anything else. Let us know how it turns out for you.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Well I just happen to notice the same problem on my phone the other day, but sadly I cant recall how i got it working. You did bring up a good point though, to the OP have you flashed any themes on your phone? It is possible that you have a themed keyboard installed that does not support the mic.

OP
T

Tygr

Reaction score
Thanks again for the help guys. Sorry, as I have been away for a few days and haven't kept you up to date on the situation with my D2.

I had BOTH Android and Gingerbread with check marks. Do I only want Gingerbread selected?

Do I want multi-touch or swype selected?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Thanks again for the help guys. Sorry, as I have been away for a few days and haven't kept you up to date on the situation with my D2.

I had BOTH Android and Gingerbread with check marks. Do I only want Gingerbread selected?

Do I want multi-touch or swype selected?

As Xplorer4x4 said, you're only suppose to have one checked. You can't use multiple ones. Try the Gingerbread one. See how that works out for you.