Help with School Email account

Justinjk84

Reaction score
I have been reading some of the other posts on the site and I tried to apply their fixes to my issue but it just hasn't panned out for me. I have the HTC Droid Incredible and I wanna set up my school email account. I believe it is a gmail account although it doesn't say that it is. my email is [email protected] and everytime i try to connect it says, "Cannot connect to the mail sever to verify your account information. Your server is not responding." Any help would be awesome!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are so many answers when I did a search on this that have something slightly different to say about this. It depends on how your schools email is set ups.

So try this link first: school email setup - Android Forums

And if that doesn't work for you go here: how to set up school email on droid - Google Search

That has everything that is offered on this. I just don't have the time to wade through the answers for you.

Good luck.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the HTC Droid Incredible and I wanna set up my school email account. I believe it is a gmail account although it doesn't say that it is.
First, verify the type of account. That makes a huge difference regarding what settings you need to set it up.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would contact the IT folks at the school and ask for their assistance.

Mike

keiichi25

Reaction score
You might have to use the Generic Email Client app, not the G-mail one. I believe the Gmail app only works for @gmail.com accounts only. So while your school mail is actually a G-mail account, I don't believe the gmail app parses or connects to googleapps based accounts.

Your school mail is setup via GoogleApps, where you have a Gmail based e-mail account, but it is handled as being part of someone else's domain, in this case, your school's. Google is hosting the mail services, but it is considered 'separate' from their system, hence the probable reason you might be having problems connecting with the gmail app.

michelle_rc12

Reaction score
did you figure it out?

Hey, I have the same school email and problem..please let me know when you figure it out and I will do the same.

Thanks!

moshbmxer4130

Reaction score
Hey Justin,

Go to your gmail app click menu button accoutn setting add account:

type your full email EX. [email protected]
for your password type your blackboard password that works for me.

Good Luck

SquintyOS

Reaction score
Ah. Another from a virginia community college? I had the same problem but I just singed on the vccs email, made sure my IMAP settings were on. ALWAYS make sure they are on. That being said. you can follow the instructions through gmail (There is a link under the IMAP settings that that opens a page on how to set things up.) You can follow the link and choice Android device to follow from there OR you can do what I did.

1) Open your email account on your device then choose to add a new email address.
2) Instead of typing the username, type your FULL vccs email address.( [email protected] )
3) Change the IMAP server (incoming) settings to imap.gmail.com. Make sure you change the port number to 993 as well as the security type to SSL.
4) Next, change the SMTP (outgoing) server to smtp.gmail.com. Make sure to do the same changes to the port number, this time being.465. Remember to change the security settings to SSL again.
5) Hit OK and enjoy.

If you have any problems, feel free to PM me.