How do I get my school account to the Droid?

Bad_Boy

Reaction score
So I don't technically have a gmail account. But my school uses gmail/google for email, which all my contacts are on. How do I get that to the Droid? thing is, it's not a @gmail.com account its @uncg.edu account.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Export the contact list into a CSV file, then you can upload them onto your phone. You need to have email setup on your phone though, so you'll have something to upload them into.

OP
B

Bad_Boy

Reaction score
But theres no way I can have my school email for my gmail account on the phone because it doesnt have gmail.com at the end?

I'm guessing I have to make a gmail account, and then a seperate email account for my school? Which is dumb to me since they both use google. But...yeah....

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
So what's wrong?

I got a Gmail account because I neeed it for the Droid, hardly use it.

Setup your school email account in the email app of your choice.

Nothing says you have to "Use" the Gmail account you got to activate the phone ...

OP
B

Bad_Boy

Reaction score
Because I want the Droid to access my school account for email/contacts/calendar/tasks/documents. But I can't find the right settings/info for it.

droid01

Reaction score
My son was able to sync to his college gmail account (with a similar address to yours). He did have to create a new and separate account to purchase apps.

OP
B

Bad_Boy

Reaction score
Anyway you could ask him how? It would be much apprciated. :)

droid01

Reaction score
When he activated his Droid, he entered in his college "google" e-mail account and it worked. There was nothing special he needed to do.

jhk

Reaction score
I too have a uncg email account and just figured out how to do it. I've been trying to add my uncg acct under the "email" apps. Instead I went to the "gmail" icon apps and just signed in regularly, with my complete uncg email as my id and it logged in successfully and synced up!