Help with Rom Manager!!!

Batman8

Reaction score
I have been using this app for a long time now with no problems but now on version 2.5.0.7 it will NOT let me restore ANY of my backups! Every time it gets stuck/hung in the middle of restoring at a point where it always says "preinstall_md5" and just sits there forever. I have to do a battery pull and then delete all data/cache just to get the phone up and running again (which means I also have to start all over re-installing everything), luckily I also have Titanium Backup to help with that part.

I have emailed the developer more than once and more than a week ago and he will not respond. Therefore I am reaching out to you all for any help you can provide.

Thanks.

OTA 2.2 Rooted Droid-X

billjohnson

Reaction score
Weird dude. Try flashing the alternate recovery if you can then flash back to ClockWork. Let me know if that does the trick.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but I forgot to mention that I flashed a new recovery image several times and it didn't help! I got so frustrated that I even completely uninstalled rom manager, re-installed the app, re-flashed recovery, and even made a new back-up and it still freezes every time I try to restore any back-ups! It's driving me crazy and like I said, the developer (who used to respond) won't get back to me even after sending a couple of messages to him.

Any ideas you all may have are appreciated. Thanks.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Yea I know...I tried old rom backups and even made a new one after re-installing the app and even THAT backup would not restore. So basically the app is even making new backups that it can't restore. RIDICULOUS!!!

pierced_droid

Reaction score
Don't know much about the x but is there a way to boot into recovery not by ron manager? If so have you tried restoring that way. Are you on the free or thepaid version of rom manager?

Sent from my etcha-sketch

droidemere

Reaction score
I had the same issues..and I found a way to make it work for me..
Clear your download cache, fix permissions, and flash and older version of clockwork.. this solved my problem..I was rrady to give up on rom manager..hope it works for you.

Sent from my Droid

maderschramm

Reaction score
Just use the bootstrapper (I assume you have this, rom manager won't work without it).

Check my signature for the backup/restore tutorial. Should solve your issues. (it's also stickied in this forum now)