Help with PhoneMyPC

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your connectivity issue might be from what Matt said... I think you need a separate IP address to connect to your PC... I could be wrong but I think that's the case.

M

Matth3w

It's probably like "why the hell do you want to PhoneMyPC when your PC is right in front of you being tethered from the very device you're trying to access it from" lol

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's probably like "why the hell do you want to PhoneMyPC when your PC is right in front of you being tethered from the very device you're trying to access it from" lol
Elephant in the room... Glad someone saw it :)

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah that does make sense....better to have the latest version though anyway. I was mainly just trying to get it working and to see what its all about here at home. I've heard so much about this app and it sounds really cool and useful...but I'm gonna try to get out tomorrow and get me an ethernet cable for the internet in my home, I just wanted to see what it looked like on my phone after I got it set up, but I would say that is the case here. It can't share the same IP...

M

Matth3w

Yeah that does make sense....better to have the latest version though anyway. I was mainly just trying to get it working and to see what its all about here at home. I've heard so much about this app and it sounds really cool and useful...but I'm gonna try to get out tomorrow and get me an ethernet cable for the internet in my home, I just wanted to see what it looked like on my phone after I got it set up, but I would say that is the case here. It can't share the same IP...
I know, I did the same basic thing (connected to my home computer to try it out while I was sitting in front of it)...of course I wasn't tethered to it...but I just wanted to give you a hard time, no hard feelings. :) :icon_ banana:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You'll like it. It gives you your PC display on your phone. It's an app but it just puts your PC display on your Droid, and you navigate from there :) The 'search' home key enables/disables cursor mode. Long press is a right click. Other than that it's pretty straight forward.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's no hard feelings lol....I know you guys are messin around. It is pretty funny actually...once I thought about it...lol

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The tether is what I found funny. I've connected to PhoneMyPC many times while sitting in front of the computer itself :)

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Elephant in the room... Glad someone saw it :)

Better not be making fun of me Martin...

Never :icon_ devil: Was an ill fated attempt at humor :icon_eek:

I was trying to do the same thing lol...but most of the time it doesn't seem to come out the way you intended it on the internet....:laugh::laugh:...I can't wait to try this out though, thats probably about the neatest thing I've heard about on my Droid, that could be very handy for lots of things

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
The tether is what I found funny. I've connected to PhoneMyPC many times while sitting in front of the computer itself :)

yeah I've done the same lol I almost feel like I have my laptop with me everywhere I go with this app. Its amazing!

M

Matth3w

It's great for when I am out of town and my wife is having computer problems. I can do a lot of stuff this way to fix the problem or show her how to do whatever it is she is trying to do.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's great for when I am out of town and my wife is having computer problems. I can do a lot of stuff this way to fix the problem or show her how to do whatever it is she is trying to do.

Are you serious? So you can interact with the PC in real life, and she can watch the screen and see what you're making it do? Like in real time as you're actually doing it from your phone?

M

Matth3w

Yes. You can "interact live" which means I can open programs, close windows, get to the command prompt etc.

She was having a hard time remembering how to burn a DVD from a file she downloaded from Isohunt.com so I took over the PC and did it. She just had to sit back and watch.

Granted, it's not lightning quick, and sometimes I have to super zoom in to be able to actually touch the X or something on a window, but it definitely works.