PhonemyPC troubles

Reaction score
@poooookah78,

This is fascinating. We've not found (or heard of) anything like this. May I ask you some details?

* What operating system do you have (and, please press [Window] + [Pause] and look for any Service Pack version as well)?
* What bit-rating is it (32/64)?
* Do you have any 3rd party security software (Norton, MacAfee, etc.)?

Last, when this happens, and the screen is inactive, do features like Process List and Window List work properly?

Reaction score
Oh, and yes, this is the coolest forum. I was thinking about that recently and wondering why... then I realized the Droid is by far the most popular Android phone to date. There are a lot of Droid fans!

OP
P

poooookah78

Reaction score
@poooookah78,

This is fascinating. We've not found (or heard of) anything like this. May I ask you some details?

* What operating system do you have (and, please press [Window] + [Pause] and look for any Service Pack version as well)?
* What bit-rating is it (32/64)?
* Do you have any 3rd party security software (Norton, MacAfee, etc.)?

Last, when this happens, and the screen is inactive, do features like Process List and Window List work properly?

Hey, I have XP 64 bit SP 1.
No third party software.

Honestly, I'm not too pleased w/ it and I uninstalled it but didn't get offered a refund (I literally got it yesterday). Any ideas? At this point I just want my money back.

Reaction score
Hi Poooookah78,

I'm sorry to hear that, but Beta programs aren't for everybody, and we understand.

I'd be happy to cancel your order, but I'll need some info. Please either email the name of your Google Checkout account (not the email address, but the name), or just forward your Google Checkout receipt to [email protected].

nexttonomy

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem...

First time I logged on it worked perfect....very fast!

Now everytime I try to do the live interactive it loads up fine but can't click on anything...

win7 ultimate 32bit

Reaction score
Hi nexttonomy,

We have now heard 3 reports of this. It seems we have a new bug. Can anybody who finds their PC unresponsive like this send us an email (or just post here) with some details about what they've done during the last session?

For example:
* I did some typing
* I didn't type, but just watched a video

The more info we get the more quickly we can isolate and reproduce this in the lab. We'd like to get a fix our immediately.

Reaction score
For anybody following this thread...

If you have problems clicking on things, here are several possible work-arounds:

1) Sensitivity. Press the Search button and use the Full Cursor Mode. Move the cursor with your finger. Try clicking with the DPAD center button.

2) Screen saver. Be sure your workstation has not become locked. Remember that PhoneMyPC cannot unlock it yet, though this will be available soon.

3) Permissions. If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, try this:

Stop PhoneMyPC from running
1) Right-click PhoneMyPC icon in the system tray
2) Choose Exit

Make PhoneMyPC run as an admistrator
1) Locate both PhoneMyPC shortcuts in your Start-menu
One is under Start, Programs, SoftwareForMe
One is under Start, Programs, Startup
2) Right-click each Shortcut
3) Choose Properties
4) Check the box that says "Run as Adminstrator"

Re-run PhoneMyPC from one of these shortcuts, and try again.

magnetic99

Reaction score
Hi, Love your app. Very useful. However, recently it stopped working properly: I'm having a strange issue.

I can no longer click on anything in Interact Live mode.

When I move the mouse over/onto what I want to click, it lights up like the mouse is there, and causes the mouseover state to activate. Eg. close buttons change color, etc. But I can't actually click it. No matter how zoomed in I am or how hard I press my screen. Even if I set a button like search to be the mouse click. I have used both cursor mode and normal mode. Same effect.

I am using a Droid X running Android 2.2. My computer is running Windows 7 Professional.

I can connect to another computer running the same OS without problems.

Any insights? Thanks.:icon_ banana:

blast667

Reaction score
Program wont reconect

When i load the program i can conect to it and everythign works fine but has soon I change program on my adroid phone i get a disconected MSG on my computer.
When i try to access my computer with the program again it says NO PCs FOUND...

and this is what i see on my computer

It only works if i restart the program from my desktop computer... but that kinda defeats the purpose of this program if i have to be home to always restart the program to access my computer.
If i knew how to fix this i would love this program even more

thank you for listening to my whining lol
<3

Reaction score
@magnetic99,
I have no idea what this could be, besides perhaps the program's mouse state and the PCs getting out of sync. If this were the case, you should be able to exit the app on the PC, try again, and it should work (until the bug recurred). Please let us know if this is the case and we will look into it.

In a soon-to-come release, a new toolbar will allow click and click-lock buttons that should make things much easier. It will also have a timeout on "mouse down" operations just in case the two programs get out of sync, so that they will automatically re-sync.

@blast667,
This is almost certainly a fairly rare bug, the fix for which is in testing now. If you re-start the software on the PC, does it then connect?

In most cases, the PC will eventually connect, with in perhaps five minutes. Can you confirm that this is the case for you?

blast667

Reaction score
it only works if i restart the program when im on it

But once when i go on my cell phone and change program or just go do another task i get disconected on the computer and it wont reconect automaticaly...

i did remve all the firewall to be sure its not a firewall problem

cplus

Reaction score
dissapointed

PhoneMyPC does NOT work on Honey Comb. Whats up?! Please update ASAP! Its a big reason why I purchased a Xoom and it doesn't work. Force close force close force close.