Help with PhoneMyPC

tu3218

Reaction score
Hey guys, I love this app a lot!! But I have one concern, I can't type anything on the screen with the physical keyboard or virtual. I thought it was able to do this. Am I wrong? Or just what am I doing wrong an what should I be doing to type. When I click the menu button there is a button for keyboard, it comes out an whatever I type never shows up. Any suggestions?

M

Matth3w

Are you choosing the first option, control mouse+keys or are you trying to do it via "interact live"? It seems like you are choosing the correct option but I just wanted to make sure.

M

Matth3w

No you need to choose the first option, which is "control mouse+keys" for the keyboard to work.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If your keyboard isn't working with 'interact live' you don't have the newest PC application.

Check your version on the PC, it should read "1.0.16". If you don't have that then you need to go to SoftwareForMe's website and download the PC application again.

They are working on creating an auto-update for the PC application but for now you have to do it manually. Uninstall the previous version first btw.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got PhoneMyPC yesterday, and whenever I click on my laptop on the main screen that shows what PCs I can connect too, it tries to connect but then it just says "server did not respond in timely manner", or just "could not connect to server"...anyone know what could be causing this?

M

Matth3w

If your keyboard isn't working with 'interact live' you don't have the newest PC application.

Check your version on the PC, it should read "1.0.16". If you don't have that then you need to go to SoftwareForMe's website and download the PC application again.

They are working on creating an auto-update for the PC application but for now you have to do it manually. Uninstall the previous version first btw.
Granted I am out of town and haven't used it recently but I don't remember being able to use the keyboard via interact live. I must need to update my software.
I just got PhoneMyPC yesterday, and whenever I click on my laptop on the main screen that shows what PCs I can connect too, it tries to connect but then it just says "server did not respond in timely manner", or just "could not connect to server"...anyone know what could be causing this?
Guessing you have a poor connection? Is your bar showing 3G or 1X?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
No my phone always shows 3G, but Im tethering to my computer from my phone. Does the computer need to have its own independent connection?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No my phone always shows 3G, but Im tethering to my computer from my phone. Does the computer need to have its own independent connection?
You need to download the PC application from the developers website.

M

Matth3w

That's a weird one. I would think it would need it's own connection but I'm not really sure. Can you try it with your computer hooked up to the internet (not via your phone) and test it?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
No not at the moment I cannot connect my PC up independently, and oh yeah, hey Martin, I went to softwareforme.com just now, and the latest version is 1.0.15, not 1.0.16?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you click on the download, the file you get will be to install 1.0.16. Just did it a few minutes ago :)

http://softwareforme.com/
"PhoneMyPC 1.0.16 now available!

icon.png

On Monday, February 1st we released PhoneMyPC v1.0.18, an interim release.
Our last release included network improvements for some users, as well as expanded multi-touch support. Unfortunately, it also included a few bugs, and those have been fixed in this release.

We're working hard, so keep the feedback coming!
See PhoneMyPC for details."

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm gonna try that right now as a matter of fact....but do you think 1.0.16 will fix my connectivity issue?

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score

great thanks soo much!! works now