Help with gmail

Moose381

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum, new to the Razr, and new to android (previously an iphone guy). Anyway...I can't figure something out with my gmail. I've got my accounts in the phone and the mail is pushed to my Razr just fine. The problem is that when I delete the mail when using my laptop, it isn't deleted on my phone, nor does it show up as having been read on my phone. This requires me to delete messages on both my computer and my phone. (plus if I delete if from my phone and not the computer it's just pushed back to the phone again and I get to delete it a third time) What's up with that? My iphone would sync it perfectly, not only pushing messages to the phone, but also when I deleted it on one machine, it was deleted on the other. I get lots of email and having to delete everything twice or more.... is a real pain......anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hmm. That is quite strange. It works perfectly fine on my phone and I have two accounts on it.

Have tried looking in gmail for any settings? I don't think you can do it from your phone but there may be a setting in gmail somewhere.

SallyC

Reaction score
That would drive me crazy too!:blink:

From your Home screen, using Menu>Settings>Accounts and selecting Google - do you have Sync Gmail checked?
From your Gmail app, Menu>More>Settings select your gmail account. Do you have Priority Inbox checked? If so, that might be messing you up. I have my email all just go to Inbox as that's what I use on my PC. And under Sync Inbox and Labels, do you have the Labels you want to sync (like Inbox) marked correctly?

Just a couple of places I'd check when starting to troubleshoot.