1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Issues syncing email between phone and computer

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by kitkat536, Feb 26, 2012.

1. kitkat536

kitkat536 New Member

I just purchased the DROID RAZR last week and I love it! I was previously an iPhone user.
    However, I am dealing with a rather obnoxious issue...

I use both AOL and Gmail for personal emails. I also have them both sent to my phone. The problem is that when I read an email on my computer and delete it.. It does not delete it from my phone. I have to manually delete everything I just deleted with my phone.

I have looked at all the email settings, and unless I am missing something, I do not see a fix. I have also removed all of the email accounts and started fresh.

Please help!
  2. Sydman

Sydman Rescue Squad Premium Member

Just the downside of the type of connection we have to the Gmail servers. These are not exchange servers where they will mirror each other. You are just going to have two different boxes to deal with, I don't even log into my Gmail account anymore I just use my phone only.
  3. brobox

brobox New Member

I have a friend that is having the same problem on her Samsung with her Gmail. My Razr syncs fine with my computer, delete a Gmail from my phone, it is gone from my computer, delete an email from the computer, it gone from the phone.
    I will be watching this post to see what the problem might be, we have looked everywhere for the answer.
  4. Moose381

Moose381 New Member

I'm having the same problem and it's really annoying. I just moved to android from the iphone and the iphone worked seamlessly. If anyone can help figure this one out, I sure would appreciate it.:frown::frown::frown:
  5. brobox

brobox New Member

We have tried every setting that is on my Razr that is working and on her samsung not working. It's hard to believe there has not been an answer to this problem. She has made two trips to the VZN store and they don't have an answer either. We have also made sure her Gmail settings on her PC are the same as mine, still her phone will not delete emails from her computer. She hs 30 emails on her PC and 129 on her phone.
  6. thaDroidz

thaDroidz New Member

Using the gmail apk or email apk?

----posted maxx'ed out----
  7. brobox

brobox New Member

That did it!!! She deleted the email apk and now the gmail account is working. Thank you for putting the idea out there.
  8. Moose381

Moose381 New Member

Ok, forgive me for being such an obvious newbie.....but what is an apk and how do you safely delete the email apk? I only use gmail so I shouldn't have a need for this 'generic' email apk and if that's what is keeping my gmail from syncing properly....I really want to get rid of it.

Y'all are great!!!! Thanks for your help.:hail::hail::hail:
  9. thaDroidz

thaDroidz New Member

Umm.
    Shouldn't have to delete it. I was just verifying which app being used..

Apk= app(application )

.apk is the file extension of Android apps.

----posted maxx'ed out----
  10. brobox

brobox New Member

She is happy that it is working they way she wants it to. She took the phone to VZN for the 5th time and she said they deleted the email apk. then Gmail started to sync as it should. Her thanks still go out to you for the suggestion that she took to VZN after the other 4 at VZN couldn't solve the problem.
  11. donheff

donheff New Member

So where do you find this apk? Do I download a different app to read mail. This worked out of the box with my Droid Global (also by Motorola) with gmail and yahoo. It doesn't work on the Razr Maxx with either.
Search tags for this page
aol email does not sync between phone and laptop
aol email not syncing to droid phone
cons to synching phone email and computer
delete aol mail on android and computer
do not want gmail sync between phone and computer but need p
droid razer syncing problems with email and computer

droid razr email sync

droid razr email sync problems

email on phone and computer not syncing
emails with attachments synching to phone but not to compute
gmail does not delete between phone and computer