Gmail issues

xXxBRAMBOxXx

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. As forum etiquette, I did a search for my problem, but so far nothing.

Here's the issue. Just as with any droid phone I've ever had, my gmail account is synced with my phone. When I get a new email through gmail, I get a notification. That's fine, it works as it should. This is what has been driving me bat **** crazy since I got my Razr: When I am in gmail on my PC, and I delete any amount of messages, I instantly get a notification on my phone. I click the notification and it pulls up my gmail. Rather than showing any new messages, it just shows it updated what I deleted. On my original Droid and my Incredible, it didn't do this. If I went in and deleted messages through gmail on my PC, it would sync and show the changes had been made, however, I did not receive a notification. It has really been bugging me. I've tried everything, gone through all the settings. Why would it do that? I know i'm deleting my messages at home, I don't need a new email notification to tell me that.

Thanks for the help!

SallyC

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. As forum etiquette, I did a search for my problem, but so far nothing.

Here's the issue. Just as with any droid phone I've ever had, my gmail account is synced with my phone. When I get a new email through gmail, I get a notification. That's fine, it works as it should. This is what has been driving me bat **** crazy since I got my Razr: When I am in gmail on my PC, and I delete any amount of messages, I instantly get a notification on my phone. I click the notification and it pulls up my gmail. Rather than showing any new messages, it just shows it updated what I deleted. On my original Droid and my Incredible, it didn't do this. If I went in and deleted messages through gmail on my PC, it would sync and show the changes had been made, however, I did not receive a notification. It has really been bugging me. I've tried everything, gone through all the settings. Why would it do that? I know i'm deleting my messages at home, I don't need a new email notification to tell me that.

Thanks for the help!

Not sure if this is exactly your issue, but it sounds similar. The only explanation I found is here and it is as follows:

If you have unread messages in your inbox and you delete one, then the unread count changes so it notifies you. It's a bug in the app, been there as long as I can remember on any rom. The notifications go on a change of the unread count, not an increase. If you turn on notify once and leave the gmail notification there then it won't bother you. Also if you star messages instead of leaving them unread then you can keep your unread count at 0

There is an Android issue created for it which you can add to here. I'm sure the more folks that post they have it the more attention it will get and you can also get updates that way.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Not sure if this is exactly your issue, but it sounds similar. The only explanation I found is here and it is as follows:

If you have unread messages in your inbox and you delete one, then the unread count changes so it notifies you. It's a bug in the app, been there as long as I can remember on any rom. The notifications go on a change of the unread count, not an increase. If you turn on notify once and leave the gmail notification there then it won't bother you. Also if you star messages instead of leaving them unread then you can keep your unread count at 0

There is an Android issue created for it which you can add to here. I'm sure the more folks that post they have it the more attention it will get and you can also get updates that way.

On the ball...that's Sally! ;)