****HELP!!!**** Stuck in custom ROM. Seeing Padlock and "custom" on screen

Batman8

Reaction score
After having major problems with the stock "messaging" app constantly force closing, I eventually had to do another factory data reset but afterwards I still got force closes immediately after the device turned on. So I decided to try and flash the orginal software (rooted) onto the phone to try and clear up all the force closings.

Now I'm stuck in a custom ROM that's supposed to be like stock but rooted and slightly stripped of some of the bloatware, but every time I boot the phone now it shows the padlock with the word "custom" which I always hoped to never see. After it boots up twice with that message it will bypass it and boot all the way up. However, I now have a replacement coming from VZW and I don't want to send this one back in this condition.

I have found another stock image (unrooted) to flash but now my PC will NOT reccognize the phone in Odin3 anymore no matter what...so I can't continue on flashing the hopefully better and full stock image and therefore am "stuck."

Please Help!!!! I just need to find a way for the phone to be seen again by Odin3 (version 3.04 btw) so I can flash hopefully a version that will not only get rid of the padlock/custom error, but also give me a clean working version of "messaging" (small yellow and white envelope icon).

PLEASE HELP IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!!!!! Thanks.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
After having major problems with the stock "messaging" app constantly force closing, I eventually had to do another factory data reset but afterwards I still got force closes immediately after the device turned on. So I decided to try and flash the orginal software (rooted) onto the phone to try and clear up all the force closings.

Now I'm stuck in a custom ROM that's supposed to be like stock but rooted and slightly stripped of some of the bloatware, but every time I boot the phone now it shows the padlock with the word "custom" which I always hoped to never see. After it boots up twice with that message it will bypass it and boot all the way up. However, I now have a replacement coming from VZW and I don't want to send this one back in this condition.

I have found another stock image (unrooted) to flash but now my PC will NOT recognize the phone in Odin3 anymore no matter what...so I can't continue on flashing the hopefully better and full stock image and therefore am "stuck."

Please Help!!!! I just need to find a way for the phone to be seen again by Odin3 (version 3.04 btw) so I can flash hopefully a version that will not only get rid of the padlock/custom error, but also give me a clean working version of "messaging" (small yellow and white envelope icon).

PLEASE HELP IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!!!!! Thanks.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
How did you get it to work in case someone else runs into the problem?

No problem Sydman...will do. I'm still working on getting everything just right and I've received my replacement device and I'm working on that one too, but I'll get back to you with what I did just as soon as I can.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No problem Sydman...will do. I'm still working on getting everything just right and I've received my replacement device and I'm working on that one too, but I'll get back to you with what I did just as soon as I can.

Cool no problem, get back to us when you can. Glad you got it working though.