Recover bricked Samsung SCH-I500 "Fascinate"

atinder

Reaction score
Please if someone can help me. I flashed samsung fascinate SCH-I500 with one click odin3 for samsung captivate(by mistake). Then it started showing the att logo. using homemade jig , i was able to trigger the download mode, but i think i flashed some wrong pit files that came along odin3 v1.7. I can flash the system stock, the kernel stock, but the stock pit and recovery fails. Also when stock system is flashed phone boot into recovery and shows
E:Can't mount /dev/block/stl11
(Invalid argument)
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
(Invalid argument)
#Manual Mode#
(Invalid argument)
(Invalid argument)

OP
A

atinder

Reaction score
the problem is my phone only boots into recovery after showing the samsung logo, also i tried to download the original mbr, link is not working

OP
A

atinder

Reaction score
Hey is there any way I can dump the files from other samsung fascinate and flash it to the broken one

PXTvqYwmzqf3Sm5b

Reaction score
I'm getting the exact same behavior after making similar mistakes. :wacko:

I haven't found a fix yet, but I'm still looking. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

IamGov

Reaction score
GSM flash wont make a difference. Only thing really different is radio reference to the GSM chips that are not there. Follow steps in above post link and all should be good.

Sent via my Fascinate on the Droidforums app.
Owned D1, Incred, X, D2, and the Fascinate is the best.

justin090435

Reaction score
so i have used ever method known to man, re-downloaded all files and tried everything again..... i still only get to cwm recovery and thast it, my phone will not reboot. help me

brodiex74

Reaction score
hey

I did the same thing but can not get to the download screen, how where u able to get there?

Reaction score
all you have to do is disable voodoo and flash back to your stock ROM using odin. it will remove the root and you can start over.

Reaction score
ok just realized you changed your PIT. there are a couple of big mistakes here.

try odin again with stock TAR file, but only load the proper pda file. leave PIT blank (like you should have in the first place, lol)

the golden rule is you cannot brick a galaxy s! although you may be testing it's limits.

Rogue27

Reaction score
Will using odin help restore my phones bloatware? U seem pretty knowledgeable with these things

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
it depends on the rom package you install, odin will flash whatever file. if you flash the stock tar file it has the bloatware pre-packaged and will re-install all of it. if you install a custom rom it will contain whatever is in the file, usually the bloatware is removed.

kalkap

Reaction score
Odin will not recognize facinate

I made the same mistake up loading the captivate files onto my facinate and now I can't get odin to even register my facinate. All I ever get is the AT&T logo. HELP!