Root and CWRM help

technocowboy

Reaction score
Today I rooted with TowelRoot, verified root with Root Checker, installed SuperUser and then installed CWRM Rom Manager through the Play Store. I tried to boot in to recovery so I could then flash Hyperdrive and that's when things stopped working properly. I got a big Yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside and a message that says "System software not authorized by Verizon" and to take it to a local VZW for assistance. It wouldn't boot from there. I searched and found I could boot in download and then reboot from there. That worked and I got in my phone. I tried to boot in recovery through RomManager CWRM and the same thing happened again. So I uninstalled CWRM, turned the phone off and went to boot in to recovery using the factory recovery, power/volume up/and home button but didn't work either. I reinstalled CWRM and then tried the same factory recovery method and, again, nothing. I still have the "custom" and the picture of an unlocked padlock on the bootscreen though. I have verified root through Root Checker and I still have root. Anybody know what in the heck is going on? I have never rooted a phone before and HalfCab123 was my go to gut but he's moved on to bigger things so I don't really know what I am doing. Please dumb things down for me and I will take my Adderall to hopefully keep up with your advice.
Thanks so much in advance!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm not sure which guide you used but you might retrace your steps to make sure you've unlocked the bootloader.

tap'n on my S5

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I don't see anything about unlocking the bootloader, and the error you are receiving typically coincides with that.
There are a number of comments below this guide that show this method doesn't work on a variety of S3 models & OS versions. You will probably have to root your S3 via Odin. (Links included in said comments)

You might list your model S3 and what OS version you're currently on. Perhaps someone will have a better suggestion for you.
Good luck!

tap'n on my S5

OP
T

technocowboy

Reaction score
I don't see anything about unlocking the bootloader, and the error you are receiving typically coincides with that.
There are a number of comments below this guide that show this method doesn't work on a variety of S3 models & OS versions. You will probably have to root your S3 via Odin. (Links included in said comments)

You might list your model S3 and what OS version you're currently on. Perhaps someone will have a better suggestion for you.
Good luck!

tap'n on my S5
I read the comments where they said the Kernel date seemed to make the difference so I figured I'd give it a shot. I'll see about the Odin way tomorrow if I have to. I am currently running stock S3 Verizon SCH-1535 This replaces my other S3 that I had Hyperdrive ROM and I want that again so this one HAS to be rooted. Thanks for any continued help!