Recover bricked Samsung SCH-I500 "Fascinate"

surfermint

Reaction score
Having the same issue. Flashed wrong ROM via ODIN and can no longer get into download mode.

Galaxy S Fascinate

dudemau

Reaction score
I did it! I bricked my fascinate by installing the 1900 rom by mistake. nothing in any of the threads had worked at all to get this phone to work; so as a last resort i did this via Odin in order....one at a time...
re-partition with atlas v2.2 pit
pda - stock i500 vzw kernel.tar.md5
pda - stock i500 vzw system.tar.md5
pda - stock i500 vzw recovery.tar.md5
last but not least...
pda - d101package3.tar.md5
...and to my complete and utter amazement my phone is now in "out of the box" condition. Now I had just picked up a new one and am to return the previously bricked phone to the factory so I figured I'd f' around with it and screw it up again. I've done the same order as above 4 times now with the phone unbootable and it's worked like a charm each time. All of the necessary files noted can be downloaded at links previously posted so good luck to all.

dudemau

Reaction score
I should mention that I had done the no no as stated by some of not using pda but trying the phone tab in odin several tiimes with the earlier posted solutions when I happened on the fix. as far as getting into download mode...battery out, connected to the computer usb then volume down.

Thanks to all who have posted the links to the necessary files, without you guys none of us would have success.

dbett4

Reaction score
I did it! I bricked my fascinate by installing the 1900 rom by mistake. nothing in any of the threads had worked at all to get this phone to work; so as a last resort i did this via Odin in order....one at a time...
re-partition with atlas v2.2 pit
pda - stock i500 vzw kernel.tar.md5
pda - stock i500 vzw system.tar.md5
pda - stock i500 vzw recovery.tar.md5
last but not least...
pda - d101package3.tar.md5
...and to my complete and utter amazement my phone is now in "out of the box" condition. Now I had just picked up a new one and am to return the previously bricked phone to the factory so I figured I'd f' around with it and screw it up again. I've done the same order as above 4 times now with the phone unbootable and it's worked like a charm each time. All of the necessary files noted can be downloaded at links previously posted so good luck to all.

okay so i tried this, successful up until the d101package3.tar.md5. I get MD5 hash value is invalid error. I'm redownloading the file as i type, but I'm not sure that will work either, and all of the links are dead so i used google :/. Also to clear this up, do all of these one at a time but do not unplug the phone?

markdmac

Reaction score
Please help: Bricked my phone

Flashed the MUIU ROM and tried to go back to my saved ROM image and I am now bricked.

Can anyone provide good links to the stock files that I can use with ODI? I am still able to get into CW Red and from there can get into download mode.