HELP! Red Droid Animation

OP
F
Reaction score
How did you hose it? What were you doing... I went thur 5 red eyes until (With Squid's help), i got the steps down... now I can sbf and be rooted, overclocked, flash squid's rom and theme in less than a half hour... LOL!

So if you need anything ... let me know..

mac424

Reaction score
After holding the x.... and you see the exclamation point are you hitting the search key (on the keyboard)?
That should get you to the sbf recovery menu

Ok I got into that at least. I'll just do a factory reset at this point. I have everything backed up so if i can get back into the phone an root it again, I'll be back in business.

If that doesn't work. What should I do next?

Ya you can sbf. At least I think so.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Thanks. I guess we'll find out if Freddy's instructions dont work.

Always something haha...

mac424

Reaction score
How did you hose it? What were you doing... I went thur 5 red eyes until (With Squid's help), i got the steps down... now I can sbf and be rooted, overclocked, flash squid's rom and theme in less than a half hour... LOL!

So if you need anything ... let me know..

I think I pressed the wrong button in terminal emulator. Typos are bad...

Update! Factory reset worked, but I just have a blank screen with a notification bar. No home screen at all.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you hit the menu button can you get in to settings?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
F
Reaction score
Factory reset ? It should bring you to your activation screen....
You are not running the update.zip
You need to do a factory reset....

mac424

Reaction score
Nope. I went back into sbf recovery and did a format cache and it seems like I'm back at the red eye issue again.

mac424

Reaction score
Factory reset ? It should bring you to your activation screen....
You are not running the update.zip
You need to do a factory reset....

Yeah thats what I did. I went through and reactivated my phone, but after i got through that, I still had squidlys rom in place and just the notification bar. Let me try again.

mac424

Reaction score
Well thats what I'm gonna try this time if I can get back to the activation and get at least the notificaiton bar back. I dont know of any other way to sbf with rsd unless i can get the phone on.

OP
F
Reaction score
What I did was get rsd lite installed... download the sbf file... then put battery in...hold the down arrow and power... that will bring you to the SBF menu.... then plug in your usb cable and your rsd should see the phone.. once it does... you can then click on the file... and it blows it away for you....

mac424

Reaction score
What I did was get rsd lite installed... download the sbf file... then put battery in...hold the down arrow and power... that will bring you to the SBF menu.... then plug in your usb cable and your rsd should see the phone.. once it does... you can then click on the file... and it blows it away for you....

got ya. Guess i took the long way around, but it seems like its flashing now. hopefully this fixes it and i can get back to where i was before my screw up. I appreciate the help!

OP
F
Reaction score
Anytime... I was in the same situation a couple of days ago...

Glad it all worked out....

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
One thing I mentioned before if you use advanced task killer you can access the bootstrap app if you accidentally delete your launcher,my next release I modified the scripts so you will have to type a separate command to delete it separately.