HELP! Red Droid Animation

Reaction score
Help... I flashed rom and everything was working great... then out of nowhere it started jumping screens... and locked up... took battery out and tried to restart... now it just sits at the red animated droid screen at boot up.... I don't know how to get back to the boot recovery screen... I have a D2....

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you bootstrapped after flashing the rom just pull the battery it will go into cm. If not you will probably need to sbf, I've never heard that kind of behavior before that's pretty tapped did you mount system and data.

OP
F
Reaction score
Hey all.. thanks for the replies... I did mount.. and everything was working fine after several reboots.... not sure what happened.... anyway.. I played dumb and brought it back to my local vez shop.... i just showed the girl my red eye... she did the power x key then search button... it did come back up... she did a wipe... and it came back... but when she shut it down and restarted... it got stuck again... she told me it was the phone (Whew!!!) and she gave me a new one....
So... I am not blaming any rom or person... (I actually want to Thank you!) ... if anything I'm blaming myself for advancing without understanding.... I'm in IT and I should know better... but I was soooo excited and everything was working great to that point... anyway... i'm back to rooted with the phone and oc at 1.2.... I think I'll leave it there and will venture into the ROM and Theme arena when I get a little more knowledge under my belt...
Thank you all for your input... :)

OP
F
Reaction score
okay.... rooted, I have droid 2 bootstrapper, droid x2 overclocker, set cpu, titanium backup pro, and rom manager pro...

I have used titanium pro to backup all user apps + system data
I've also used rom manager pro to make a backup of my current rom...
I have used titanium pro to move all user applications to sd card...

First issue, when I use rom manager prem.. i click on reboot into recovery and it just reboots to normal login screen?????

If I use droid 2 bootstrapper, it goes to the recovery screen...
Is it because the d2 bootstrapper has taken over as the recovery option?

Should I choose one and forget the other?

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That's the only recovery you want to use both bootstrap and cm are one in the same both use clockwork mod.

OP
F
Reaction score
Ok... running an errand and when I come back ... i'm going to attempt your Rom again... wish me luck.... LOL!

Thanks again.

Droid4Life86

Reaction score
This same thing happened to me earlier today. I don't know if this caused it but i locked up on me after i installed the video fix file. It was working great and i had rebooted a few times but then i was removing some of the blur and maybe i hit the wrong key.. I'm not sure. But phone is fixed, just did the sbf process and everything is back to normal. Great rom and keep up the great work. Is there anyway that maybe u could make the rom with no blur( just wondering).

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The video is already fixed no need to install video fix it was updated a while ago,squidly 2.3.20 has no blur, and full blur of course has full blur. So its your choice.

If you want to remove blur start off with stocksquidly script,you could have removed your launcher and that would explain everything.

Last edited:

Droid4Life86

Reaction score
well that would explain it then with me installing the video fix file. Guess i didn't read far enough. But i see the fullblur.zip, where can i get the rom that has no blur? or do i need to do it manually when i install? Your roms are still by far the best out for the droid 2. will donate as soon as i get back to my house

OP
F
Reaction score
Wow... I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong... I got my new phone, rooted it... no problems... i followed the instructions and flashed the rom.... no problems... i used it all night installed a bunch of apps... everything was working fine.... I then went into terminal emulator and typed the googlecal command after typing su and it went crazy again... back to unresponsive with screens flashing... contacts, and phone... pulled battery after 5 mins... and when I rebooted it... back to DAMM droid eye!! LOL!
ARGH!!!! I did a data wipe, factory reset and cache wipe.... rebooted and back to red droid eye!!!!!

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just like I mentioned before if you want to remove blur start off with stocksquidly command you removed your launcher,that is whay that happened .

OP
F
Reaction score
I only typed the command for the google calendar?
I am now trying to figure out the SBF...
I am in the process of downloading rsdlite 4.7....
Hopefully this works...
If I do the wipe/factory reset.. it goes thru the google email signon and stuff... then it goes to the slide screen.. and I see my notification tab, battery, time.. up top but no icons at all....
And if i shut it down.. right back to the red eye....

OP
F
Reaction score
Hmm... got to step 3 and I can't figure out this part.. where do I extract these files from?

Step 3: Extract the patch (pst. flash.ini) to the motorola/ rsdlite folder. The Motorola Rsdlite folder can be found on your computers C drive under Program files.