Help please

mkcm97

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I wasn't sure where else to put it really (mods feel free to move this). I am trying to make a custom dock with gimp. When I am in the gimp program, it shows the background as transparent (how I want it) like so:

ahelpwithdocktransparant.jpg

So since I finished, I saved it as a PNG, but when I open it on my phone or computer, it looks like this

ahelpwithdockwhite.jpg

as you can see here it now has a white background, which is undesired by me. So if any of you kind folks with a basic knowledge of gimp could help me, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance:)

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Transparent parts of docks are saved with a white background. That's why there is white behind it. If you made it correctly, when you apply to dock, it will be gone.

OP
mkcm97

mkcm97

Reaction score
Transparent parts of docks are saved with a white background. That's why there is white behind it. If you made it correctly, when you apply to dock, it will be gone.

actually, the white still showed, but i figured it out, I just checked the wrong boxes when saving.

thanks anyway

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Shows how much I know haha. All the transparent docks I have appear to have a white background but when I apply them, it's gone. So, I was just assuming that was why really. My PS skills are...less than polished haha