Help please

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by mkcm97, Jan 22, 2011.

1. mkcm97

mkcm97 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I wasn't sure where else to put it really (mods feel free to move this). I am trying to make a custom dock with gimp. When I am in the gimp program, it shows the background as transparent (how I want it) like so:

[​IMG]

So since I finished, I saved it as a PNG, but when I open it on my phone or computer, it looks like this

[​IMG]

as you can see here it now has a white background, which is undesired by me. So if any of you kind folks with a basic knowledge of gimp could help me, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance:)

2. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Transparent parts of docks are saved with a white background. That's why there is white behind it. If you made it correctly, when you apply to dock, it will be gone.

3. mkcm97

mkcm97 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    actually, the white still showed, but i figured it out, I just checked the wrong boxes when saving.

thanks anyway

4. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Shows how much I know haha. All the transparent docks I have appear to have a white background but when I apply them, it's gone. So, I was just assuming that was why really. My PS skills are...less than polished haha