Help please!!! Started to root now STUCK!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you're going to go through the process of recopying MC's update.zip file to your sdcard, you might want to just redownload it to your pc, and then transfer over to your sdcard. some of the problems you are having sound suspiciously like you might have a corrupt dl of the zip file.

just my 2 cents... Tallica and Mike would know better than me.

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Ok so I still haven't resolved it.... BUT I think I know whats wrong!!! I read through the whole page on the regardless of OS... and I don't think I installed the file onto the root of the SD card?? So now I'm trying to find a program called.... ADB?

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Thats good you didn't have any problems! I obviously don't know much about rooting! All i do know is that nothing good ever comes easy in life, so if rooting was that was that easy it can't be that good

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok so I still haven't resolved it.... BUT I think I know whats wrong!!! I read through the whole page on the regardless of OS... and I don't think I installed the file onto the root of the SD card?? So now I'm trying to find a program called.... ADB?

You don't need ADB to root with Motcache's thread

and you don't install the .zip to your sd card you just put it on the root

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
putting it on the root of your sdcard just means not putting it in a folder. when you copy it from your pc, you just paste it on the removable disk drive (that represents your sdcard), and not in any folder.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thats good you didn't have any problems! I obviously don't know much about rooting! All i do know is that nothing good ever comes easy in life, so if rooting was that was that easy it can't be that good

Oh it's good! Don't worry, we'll get you through it.

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Oh!! So just add it onto the removeable storage, and thats the root? Seems easy enough... better give it another try.... Is it bad that I've tried it so many times I have the process and directions remembered by heart?? lol

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you're not alone! it just means that you'll have a much better working knowledge of the process, and flashing roms will be a breeze! ;)

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes put it on your removeable drive (not in any folder) and then install thru recovery

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Ok.... so... I tried it again... and it says.... E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(No such file or directory)
E: Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip
Installation aborted.

ahhh!!!!!!

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Oh boy! You guys are probably wishing it would just work so I'd be quiet lol :p

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok.... so... I tried it again... and it says.... E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(No such file or directory)
E: Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip
Installation aborted.

ahhh!!!!!!
Do yo sill have the recovery with the android in the background (SPR), or is it back to stock?

If you do still have SPR, make sure the file is named update.zip not update.zip.zip

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
I still have the recovery with the little android dude. And its renamed Update.zip no double zip

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well in that case all you have to do is pick a rooted Rom you'ld like to try and install it, you can gain root access that way.