HELP! Music app starting up all by itself!

mjp81

Reaction score
So my native Music app, which I don't use for my mp3s (bTunes), is randomly starting up and playing random tunes. Its not even set on shuffle. Unlike other players like bTunes and MixZing which have settings for Bluetooth and headset controls which caused those players to start up randomly, the Music app has no settings to alter. On one occation, I kept killing the app and it kept starting up immediately after. What's going on?

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with B tunes, it would just start playing for no reason. I had a widget for b tunes on my screen, removed it, and now it doesnt happen anymore. :)

butterfras

Reaction score
I sometimes noticed that my stock music player would start anytime I used the 3.5 mm jack. It was super annoying.

altjx

Reaction score
I sometimes noticed that my stock music player would start anytime I used the 3.5 mm jack. It was super annoying.

that still happens to me. i'd plug in my headphones and get blasted by music. i just thought that was normal? it does suck though.

texasPI

Reaction score

that still happens to me. i'd plug in my headphones and get blasted by music. i just thought that was normal? it does suck though.

I just noticed this myself. It seems to happen when I'm putting in my pocket. The first few times I figured I had not locked the screen but the last few times I know I have had the screen locked. Wtf?

joneschones

Reaction score
Happens to me toO!!! I listen to my podcasts and they are all in order by date and if i accidentally wiggle the head phone jack it goes on shuffle then I have to go and find the podcast that i was listening to and I have like 100's:huh:. how do we fix this!?!

geeyaa

Reaction score
same thing

This happens to me as well. I want it to stop!

Cynthialea

Reaction score
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums Appi used to have that problem and the forum indicated it was a faulty headphone jack. I got my phone replaced...I have not had that issue anymore

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

It's set up to do that by default

quad

Reaction score
I would agree with the faulty headphone jack but it only does this with my factory or stock music app mo others. Wouldn't it be the app?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Cynthialea

Reaction score
The only reason I greed it was the headphone jack was my music app wouldn't start unless I was messing with or accidentally hit the headphone jack.

hyperlite456

Reaction score
To be honest, this NEVER happened to my phone when I first got it last November. It makes me wonder if some how a OTA caused it or if the headphone jack just isn't that great (last as long) on the moto1. It doesn't turn off on me when I use poweramp, but still makes staticky noises when the head jack is wiggles. I could try a replacement but I'm going to wait it out.

DeucesWild

Reaction score
The Music app was consistently starting on me about an hour ago. I *thought* it was because I triggered some kind of shortcut from the Quick Launch applications. Removed the shortcut, still get the same error.

I'm a bit aggravated at this right now, because I no longer use the default Music app due to its record of freezing my phone (Droid 2). And when this ghost start happened, I was listening to a real quiet song with my headphones on my primary music app, had turned volume up to max to hear, and default Music app comes in blasting in.

If replacing my phone is necessary, I will do so, but I had hoped there would be another way to resolve this.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just skimmed through this thread and I hope this isn't too simplistic, but have you tried Manage Applications/All/Music/Clear Defaults/Clear Data ?