Setting default apps

ldimick

Reaction score
I know how to change a default app - up to a point. What I have happening is that I am using root explorer to browse my SDcard. I see an MP3 file that I would like to open with bTunes. When I click on the MP3 file I am prompted to use the stock music player or Streamitall radio. However, I would really like to open it with bTunes. How can I do this?

I suspect it is caused by bTunes not having one system permission set and I also suspect that it is because bTunes is not a native MP3 player - it seems to use only it's own database.

My ultimate goal is to use Timeriffic or locale as an alarm clock. What I want to do is open a file (MP3) at a defined time and have it played as a wake up alarm..

medialapse

Reaction score
I've searched plenty for a resolution to this. Several people have the problem, but nobody seems to have a solution.

Almost any action gives multiple app options. When I tap on one,it says "always or just once". If I choose always it says "reset defaults in applications manager". But it doesn't work. Ever.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Dave007

Reaction score
I'd like to know how to add an app to the choices that isn't listed?