HELP! Might have bricked my Droid X

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
theres gotta be something else bc i never use PC mode and ive successfully done sbf flashes before

OP
R

rathzil

Reaction score
I did have USB Debugging on.

Is it even possible to get in and change it to PC media mode? Does that even make a difference if the phone isn't even booting up?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah if you have USB debugging on and try to install the drivers it won't work. The first time you install drivers you need that off then you can go back into it. Normally it woudn't matter cause you could change to pc media sync cause those are different drivers. But since you can't even boot up that is your problem.

OP
R

rathzil

Reaction score
I'm not sure how USB debugging makes a difference, as I don't think I even had my phone plugged into my computer when I installed the drivers.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
may i suggest uninstalling everything, even deleting the gift, and starting fresh?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Best I can tell is Windows sees your phone differently when you have debugging on. Cause I turned it off and uninstalled drivers then plugged it back in and reinstalled and it worked. Then I was able to turn debugging on and RSD saw it just fine. I was telling you about the Media Sync mode because RSD saw my phone even without the drivers. Can you take it to a Verizon store and have them flash back for you?

OP
R

rathzil

Reaction score
Heh, tried starting fresh too. Also tried it on another laptop.

OP
R

rathzil

Reaction score
Can they do something special to flash it back at a Verizon store?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can they do something special to flash it back at a Verizon store?

RSD lite is what VZW is gonna use and most people (I think I am) on these forums are more knowledgeable than the techs working there.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well they already have the drivers installed and working I would be willing to bet their computers would pick up your X. Unless you close to the Austin Tx area I can't be much help.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Have you tried just for kicks right clicking on your RSD icon and go under properties>compatibility>and make sure run as administrator is checked?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah sorry meant on your roomates system, probably not gonna change but might.

thatisandwas

Reaction score
Wow...this is awful. Could it be the first true brick? I certainly hope not...any luck yet???

OP
R

rathzil

Reaction score
Still no luck. Gonna stop by the Verizon store just in case, but certainly not hopeful. Hell, I consider MYSELF to be more techy than those guys.

(EDIT to not double post): Also yeah, when I was running it on my roommate's vista laptop I did make sure RSD was running as administrator.