HELP! Might have bricked my Droid X

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by rathzil, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +676
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Well they already have the drivers installed and working I would be willing to bet their computers would pick up your X. Unless you close to the Austin Tx area I can't be much help.

2. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member

Ratings:
    +676
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Have you tried just for kicks right clicking on your RSD icon and go under properties>compatibility>and make sure run as administrator is checked?

3. rathzil

rathzil New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is no box like that for Win XP.

4. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member

Ratings:
    +676
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Yeah sorry meant on your roomates system, probably not gonna change but might.

5. thatisandwas

thatisandwas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow...this is awful. Could it be the first true brick? I certainly hope not...any luck yet???

6. rathzil

rathzil New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still no luck. Gonna stop by the Verizon store just in case, but certainly not hopeful. Hell, I consider MYSELF to be more techy than those guys.

(EDIT to not double post): Also yeah, when I was running it on my roommate's vista laptop I did make sure RSD was running as administrator.

7. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member

Ratings:
    +676
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Man I hope you get it working with the Verizon store, I know those guys are far from actual techs but maybe their computer RSD will see your X. Let us know.

8. Keka_Umans

Keka_Umans New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well i'm definately not a tech guy. but heres my two cents... try using RSD 4.6 Maybe 4.7 has a bug. i also read somewhere about an "eFuse" in the droid X that corrupts the boot loader making re-programming impossible....i hope thats not the problem.

(EDIT: I see you already tried 4.6...with and without the patch)

#32 Keka_Umans, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  9. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    the OP says he tried the 4.6 also. and if the efuse had anything to do with it, the bootloader screen would tell you you couldnt program

10. rathzil

rathzil New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

An update: Took it to a verizon store, tech guys couldn't figure anything out, offered to give me a new one since I'm under my 30 days. So good news is I won't be totally SOL if I can't fix it.

That said, I have several days left before I'm out of my 30 days, and I really want to see if this problem can be fixed, so I still have my device for now.

I've also tried this on my work desktop (32 bit Vista business) with updated moto drviers and RSD 4.7 (with copied ini, device ID options changed, etc...) and it still doesn't show up in RSD.

While I'm glad that I won't be out 500$, I still REALLY want to solve this puzzle.

11. BlownSi05

BlownSi05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know you said yo tried it on XP as well, which this should not apply to, but when you install the drivers make sure the you Shift+right-click to run the driver installation tool as an administrator. I had this same issue and finally realized after going through the log on the moto driver install program that Windows was denying the drivers because I was not running the program as an administrator. Once I did this and then rebooted, the pc recognized the phone in RSD 4.7 with no issues.

12. Keka_Umans

Keka_Umans New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the sdk program seems to have a few bugs or maybe its me...i tried to flash my new boot logo(fail) but, as i noticed after i ran it, it was named wit ()'s and now sdk wont accept(greyed start button) any .sbf file unless i rename it, hower the name doesn't seem to matter just that i rename it...more of an inconvenience than a problem...but just weird

(EDIT: now it just fails.and the rename did matter cuz i couldn't just delete a letter) any ideas?? is there a limit to how many times you can reflash this part of the phone?)

#36 Keka_Umans, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010