Help Me! MY backup is not working

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried to restore to backup and it keeps giving an error and throwing me back to ClockWork Recovery.

How do I get out of this?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'll have this moved to the rescue squad but I'm sure they'll need a little more info. Are you using rom manager?

droidchickohnoes

Reaction score
I tried to restore to backup and it keeps giving an error and throwing me back to ClockWork Recovery.

Are you trying to restore to unrooted stock? A previous backup of your mod?

What is the error?

I have probably had the error, I have seen so many since I first got my Droid..

Assuming you are using RomManager try this..

Go into RM
Near the bottom it should say flash alternative recovery sbrecovery, click it and let it flash.
Now at the top it says Flash clockwork recovery, click that and let it flash
Now hit the options button and hit clear cache
Then click boot to recovery and navigate to your backup file.
If clockwork auto reboots without you getting to do anything or it says error sdcard not mouted, just let it reboot and hold X again.. This will fix that auto reboot (i have had this happen more than twice)

I find this usually works, but I am not really sure what you want, so please give more info

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

All of the above questions will help. I'm not clear on what its doing. Your backup is restored from within the recovery tool so I don't know how its throwing you back to it. A step by step walk through of what you've done and what you want to do will help and then someone will get you out of this jam.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Okay, I am going to make a couple of assumptions here because if I read you right I think I understand what you are asking.

First you are using ClockworkMod Recovery and you are trying to restore a backup and during the process the backup aborts and you get an error message then you are back at the CWM (green) menu.

First thing, I have noticed that CWM 2.5.0.1 seems a bit finicky. (I am sure you are aware of how to navigate in the CWM recovery menu, but in case you don't here is a refresher........ Your volume keys allows you to navigate up and down through the menu, you camera key makes the selection you have highlighted, your power key takes you back a menu. ) So while you are in the recovery use your power key until you see the top option of "reboot phone now" then hit your camera key. Allow your phone to boot up then go into ROM Manager, scoll to the bottom where it says you can Flash Older ClockworkMod Recoverys (its at the very bottom), click on that and choose 2.0.1.3. Flash this a couple of times consecutively. Then reboot into recovery and try to install your backup again. This should allow you to do so. If not, let us know and we can try a couple of other things.