Help...Mayday...SOS

ronniezzz

Reaction score
Good Morning,

Any APPLE MACBOOK users out there???

Can anyone explain to us HOW to transfer our videos taken on our DROID to our Apple MacBook???

We don't mean to be rude, but frankly, although polite, VZ customer/technical support personnel were clueless and kinda felt sorry for them for lack of proper training.

Our research on Google revealed on the Motorola site that DROIDs and APPLE MACBOOKs are compatible.

We were able to download pictures...from the DROID to the MACBOOK, but not videos. We reformatted the SDisk and still no success.

BOTTOMLINE: Can videos taken on a DROID be transferred to an APPLE MACBOOK?

Thanks!

Cheri

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use a Macbook Pro and just drag and drop them from the sdcard to the Mac. What video player are you using? Maybe it doesn't support the Droid's video format? Try vlc player.

OP
R

ronniezzz

Reaction score
Thanks!

Emailing the vids worked just fine.

"I use a Macbook Pro and just drag and drop them from the sdcard to the Mac. What video player are you using? Maybe it doesn't support the Droid's video format? Try vlc player."

Haven't a clue how to drag and drop em...pls tell me how ok?

Video Player? I just use IPHOTO with the MacBook.

Vlc???

Thanks Guys!

Cheri

stevehy

Reaction score
Sailing Media Sync will allow you to do this with minimal effort.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have to mount your Droid to your Mac first using a USB connector. Then use the pull down window on the Droid and tell it to mount. Once it does go into your SD card and drag the videos on to your Mac.

It would be a good idea to get a program called Astro so you can have a file for your videos on your phone.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Don't know what drag and drop is and you feel sorry for them???

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, clearly I'm lost. Did my post cause all the "eek" icons?

I was just trying to help someone out.:confused:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
No he said he felt sorry for the verizon techs because they didn't have Mac experience but then he doesn't even know what drag and drop meant. That is why they gave the :icon_eek: icons lol

OP
R

ronniezzz

Reaction score
Thanks Guys!!!

Thanks for the support everyone...with all of your help we finally figured it out.

A Special thanks to STEVEHY and HOOKBILL!!!

Actually VATOTHE0 had the absolute best response and was the most helpful. If I didn't already know, what I already know, I would of responded the same way as VATOTHE0.

Semper Fi!

Cheri

ohtiff

Reaction score
Hey -- I am having the same problem. I drag the videos from droid to iphoto, but am unable to play them back. I have a motorola droid. file extension for videos .gp . I have a macbook pro that is only a few months old, and my droid is @ 6 months old, so am completely stumped as to why I can't just watch or edit the videos. I cannot drag and drop them into imovie for editing, either. Imovie won't accept them. Can anyone help ??? I don't see an option to change the file type on the droid for recording, and the users manual disappeared the day I got my phone. I know there is a simple answer, and have been searching for hours :(:(

OP
R

ronniezzz

Reaction score
Hey Ohtiff,

I just drag and drop them from the sd card to the MAC. If you find out a better way please let me know.

Thanks,

Cheri