HELP! Is there an app for 'missed calls' when your phone is out of service area?

irongirl

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is an app that will capture missed calls when your phone is out of the service area...for example when I'm riding the subway in NYC? The calls don't register unless someone leaves me a message.

Also, the calls aren't immediately available on my usage bill through Verizon until I get the whole bill at the end of the cycle.

Any solutions besides telling all my friends to leave me messages?

Thanks!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
How can an app on your phone catch anything if the phone has no service?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yea this would have to be on the tower end. this is exactly why we have voicemail :D

sandman1987

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is an app that will capture missed calls when your phone is out of the service area...for example when I'm riding the subway in NYC? The calls don't register unless someone leaves me a message.

Also, the calls aren't immediately available on my usage bill through Verizon until I get the whole bill at the end of the cycle.

Thanks!

YouMail will do exactly what you are looking for. It is a Visual Voicemail App that will also notify you if someone called and didn't leave a message. It will notify you either by e-mail, text, or not at all... however you set it up. The photo is of my text notifications of missed calls. If my phone is turned off I get the notifications when I turn it back on.

CAP201104151618%5B1%5D.JPG

sandman1987

Reaction score
Same as Voice Mail.....

Except with voice mail the call has to actually reach your phone for it to know you missed a call that no voicemail was left for. YouMail calls that aren't answered are forwarded to the YouMail system and then notification is sent to you whether a message was left or not. So if you are out of service area or your phone is turned off, you will still get notification on missed calls. Also this is a free service (with a paid option available) unlike VZW's visual voice mail.

OP
I

irongirl

Reaction score
Thanks Sandman!

Hi,

Thanks!

YouMail will do exactly what you are looking for. It is a Visual Voicemail App that will also notify you if someone called and didn't leave a message. It will notify you either by e-mail, text, or not at all... however you set it up. The photo is of my text notifications of missed calls. If my phone is turned off I get the notifications when I turn it back on.

CAP201104151618%5B1%5D.JPG

Thanks, Sandman! That is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I knew there had to be something out there that could do it.

Quick question....what messaging app is that screen shot from? Thanks so much again!

jimmiem

Reaction score
Google Voice will do the same thing too. If you use GV as your voice mail you can look at your history and it will show any numbers that have called whether they leave a message or not. When you have no signal the calls are automatically routed through GV so there's always a record of who called.

sandman1987

Reaction score
Yes its Handcent. IMO its MUCH better than the stock messaging. Lots much customization available.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums