Missing important calls!! HELP!

droiddip

Reaction score
Have an emergency service buss. that is getting calls late due to the fact that the Droid only gives you one notification that there is a voicemail. We have limited cell service in areas so if we lose signal and someone leaves a voicemail-then we get signal back into cell service we only get one notification of it. If we are around noisy equipment when that notification comes in we don't know we have the voicemail. Anyone know of an app that will continue to notify of a voicemail. The app Missed Call helps but is not the total answer! Thanks in advance!

Mal

Reaction score
Look for the application "Missed Call" in the Android market. It won't repeat the voicemail notification but can be set to repeat the missed call notification.

brianr0131

Reaction score
Youmail has an option for that. You can check off "keep reminding me periodically about new messages" I can't speak to it's effectiveness, but it's worth a shot. Youmail is nice anyway, and free.

Stigy

Reaction score
I just got Verizon when I got the DROID, but don't you receive a text message when you get a Voicemail?

If so setup Missed Call with the contact the VM comes from. Then set it up as a LOUD ringer with repeat notification every (x minutes).

Not sure if my information is correct since I just switched to Verizon and don't even use their Voicemail, but I think my friends told me their BB did that when they received a voicemail so basing it off that information.

Does this work for you?

Droider

Reaction score
Make sure if you choose "Missed Call" to choose the version "Missed Call for Android 2.0".

The one thing I don't know about is that if your phone is out of service when the call is missed then your phone probably doesn't record a "missed call" which means the app may not be able to remind you of a missed call.

Stigy

Reaction score
Stigy you might be thinking of visual voicemail?
No my buddy has a BB Tour and when he gets a new voicemail he gets a text message telling how many new, old and saved voicemail messages. He is not using any special software just regular verizon voicemail.

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score
Stigy you might be thinking of visual voicemail?
No my buddy has a BB Tour and when he gets a new voicemail he gets a text message telling how many new, old and saved voicemail messages. He is not using any special software just regular verizon voicemail.

All blackberrys I've user used (for a long time) have done this. I suppose you could call it a text message. You receive a message in your inbox for a voicemail notification.

Having repeated notification is nice, but for someone like me who is constantly using the phone, I wouldn't miss much. :D

Good luck finding your solution. :)