Help...I think I really screwed up

dxfool

Reaction score
Hi... As you can tell by my name, I'm new to this whole modding and adding roms.

I got a fresh Droid X, did Z4root, installed liberty...everything was fine. The only problem I was having was not being able to add my facebook account. I downloaded the facebook.zip fix and I think I installed it improperly. I opened clockwork, clicked install from zip, and chose facebook.zip.

Now, I'm stuck on the dimly lit "Liberty" boot screen and nothing happens from there.

What do I do now??? I'm new so please be easy on me

I was on Droid X 2.3.340 (I think. I know for a fact it was 340)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can you reboot back into recovery?

This thread has been Thunder struck!

OP
D

dxfool

Reaction score
By reboot into recovery, what do you mean?

OP
D

dxfool

Reaction score
I can't get to anything. I tried pushing the volume down and held the power but it just turned on and got stuck at the "liberty" loading screen again.

I put the zip file on the SD card. Went to clockwork, bootstrap recovery (?), reboot recovery, which took me to the black background with the green text. I went to install .zip and selected the facebook.zip file.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can't get to anything. I tried pushing the volume down and held the power but it just turned on and got stuck at the "liberty" loading screen again.

I put the zip file on the SD card. Went to clockwork, bootstrap recovery (?), reboot recovery, which took me to the black background with the green text. I went to install .zip and selected the facebook.zip file.

Keep holding the volume down button and power.
If that doesn't work, we'll try a data and cache wipe in the stock recovery. "Bootstrap Recovery" is a verb, not a noun. Clockworkmod is what the recovery is named. It's confusing.

This thread has been Thunder struck!

dakisback

Reaction score
dxfool I have a way you can get into clockwork recovery.

1. Power the phone completely down.

2. Connect it to a power source i.e computer or wall outlet.

3. You should see the charging screen after the boot logo (give it about 30 seconds to appear)

4.After you see the charging screen unplug the phone

5.The Phone should power off after it is unplugged.

6.Hold the power button and volume down at the same time until you see the boot logo.

7.As soon as you see the boot logo release the power button and continue holding volume down and you should be in clockwork mod recovery

Hope that helps! :)

OP
D

dxfool

Reaction score
Clockworkmod is the application and what it does is bootstrap recovery?

I tried holding the power and volume down but nothing happens. Tried it a few times and held the two buttons down for at least 10 seconds; once with the phone completely off and the other time with the phone on.

dakisback

Reaction score
do exactly what I said and it should boot into recovery for you to fix your phone. if everything fails hold power and both volume buttons down at the same time to get into bootloader so you can sbf your device.

OP
D

dxfool

Reaction score
dxfool I have a way you can get into clockwork recovery.

1. Power the phone completely down.

2. Connect it to a power source i.e computer or wall outlet.

3. You should see the charging screen after the boot logo (give it about 30 seconds to appear)

4.After you see the charging screen unplug the phone

5.The Phone should power off after it is unplugged.

6.Hold the power button and volume down at the same time until you see the boot logo.

7.As soon as you see the boot logo release the power button and continue holding volume down and you should be in clockwork mod recovery

Hope that helps! :)

Oh wow, that worked! This is great! Should I now wipe data/factory reset and reinstall liberty?

dakisback

Reaction score
Oh wow, that worked! This is great! Should I now wipe data/factory reset and reinstall liberty?

I don't know... my phone has been seriously messed up since last night when I tried to install liberty GB 0.4 it always gets stuck at bootloader no matter what I do even when I re-install a backed up version of my previous install. good luck to you.

OP
D

dxfool

Reaction score
Ok I'm trying this. Before I installed Liberty, I backed up the stock setup. I'm going to see if I can restore the stock rom and then I guess if that works I'll reinstall Liberty.

So I don't screw up the next time, how do I install the facebook fix?

dakisback

Reaction score
Ok I'm trying this. Before I installed Liberty, I backed up the stock setup. I'm going to see if I can restore the stock rom and then I guess if that works I'll reinstall Liberty.

Don't know, I'm just using stock blur gingerbread .573 since I don't want to be without a phone. I'm going to experiment some more this weekend.

OP
D

dxfool

Reaction score

Yup, that worked. I'm back to step 1, a fresh clean droid X.

OP
D

dxfool

Reaction score
Any help on getting facebook working?