Installing Liberty 1.5 - Few questions first...

OP
EvanTheGamer

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score
Wiped the data/factory reset, installed Liberty 1.5 ROM, and installation successful!

Wow, this is bloody incredible, and I've only had the ROM installed for about 10 minutes.

It's so fast and smooth!

Well, now...I should probably install TiB again so I can restore all my apps, correct? Anything else I might need to know before doing that?
Also, when I install my first theme(might do this tomorrow), by doing so, it won't effect any of my apps, data, etc, I assume?

Again, I just want to thank you guys for getting me through this. DroidForums.net is really truly a remarkable place for all things Droid! The community is just spectacular! :)

Last edited:

brenneisec

Reaction score
Wiped the data/factory reset, installed Liberty 1.5 ROM, and installation successful!

Wow, this is bloody incredible, and I've only had the ROM installed for about 10 minutes.

It's so fast and smooth!

Well, now...I should probably install TiB again so I can restore all my apps, correct? Anything else I might need to know before doing that?

Again, I just want to thank you guys for getting me through this. DroidForums.net is really truly a remarkable place for all things Droid! :)

told ya you were gonna love it! haha
id say let your google account restore all your apps so you know which ones to restore via TiB.
im happy to help anytime

cjriddle22

Reaction score

It's so fast and smooth!

Also, when I install my first theme(might do this tomorrow), by doing so, it won't effect any of my apps, data, etc, I assume?

Again, I just want to thank you guys for getting me through this. DroidForums.net is really truly a remarkable place for all things Droid! The community is just spectacular! :)

Have you tried opening the market and seeing if your apps start downloading?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
EvanTheGamer

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score

At first start up, I went through the screens, signed into my primary google account, then finished initial setup. It seemed like it was syching something, but probably just my google contacts.

I started up the Market, and went to My Apps, and most were there, but not all. I had over 100 apps installed. But none were downloading for some reason.

Should I just download/install TiB, then restore all my apps, or should I just download/install all apps individually from the Market?

brenneisec

Reaction score

At first start up, I went through the screens, signed into my primary google account, then finished initial setup. It seemed like it was syching something, but probably just my google contacts.

I started up the Market, and went to My Apps, and most were there, but not all. I had over 100 apps installed. But none were downloading for some reason.

Should I just download/install TiB, then restore all my apps, or should I just download/install all apps individually from the Market?

i would wait a little bit. it takes time to install em all. especially over 100. get on wifi if you can. thatll speed up the process

OP
EvanTheGamer

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score
i would wait a little bit. it takes time to install em all. especially over 100. get on wifi if you can. thatll speed up the process

It doesn't look like all 100 apps are even in that "My Apps" list, which is strange. Some were from an unknown source, but most of them were downloaded directly from the Market.

On second thought, it looks like just my "Purchased" apps are in there...I've actually downloaded quite a bit of free ones.

Also, it doesn't seem like anything is happening though. It takes awhile before they download/install? Or do I have to do something that will make them all download/install? Strange...

cjriddle22

Reaction score

+1 to this.

Just give it some time. If some get hung up downloading, just reboot and go back to the market, They will eventually show up.

brenneisec

Reaction score

+1 to this.

Just give it some time. If some get hung up downloading, just reboot and go back to the market, They will eventually show up.

thanks! haha. but just like he said, give it time. thats a lot of stuff to download. it should all be there soon enough

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I am getting a sever error while trying to access my apps via the market. There might be something going on with their servers.

Edit: After clearing cache and data for the market, I was able to see my apps and install a few updates. But I am now getting the server error again.

brenneisec

Reaction score
I am getting a sever error while trying to access my apps via the market. There might be something going on with their servers.

Edit: After clearing cache and data for the market, I was able to see my apps and install a few updates. But I am now getting the server error again.

i think googles server is down

OP
EvanTheGamer

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score
Ahh, really? Strange. My Market seems to be working as expected.

But yeah, maybe it's give or take or something, might be working for some, but not others for some reason. Hopefully it'll work itself out soon.

brenneisec

Reaction score
Ahh, really? Strange. My Market seems to be working as expected.

But yeah, maybe it's give or take or something, might be working for some, but not others for some reason. Hopefully it'll work itself out soon.

well congrats on getting everything worked out!

OP
EvanTheGamer

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score

Thanks man! Really appreciate the help you and the others have provided me with!

I'd honestly be lost without this great community, and even though I came to these forums just yesterday, I feel I've learned a lot(well, how to install my first rom, anyways), and will definitely stick around for quite some time.

Anyways...I think I'm going to bed now before my head explodes due to all this awesomeness that is roms and themes, OH, and learning! :)

Peace!

brenneisec

Reaction score

Thanks man! Really appreciate the help you and the others have provided me with!

I'd honestly be lost without this great community, and even though I came to these forums just yesterday, I feel I've learned a lot(well, how to install my first rom, anyways), and will definitely stick around for quite some time.

Anyways...I think I'm going to bed now before my head explodes due to all this awesomeness that is roms and themes, OH, and learning! :)

Peace!

haha have a good one man. you know where to find me

OP
EvanTheGamer

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score
haha have a good one man. you know where to find me

Thank you, sir!

I have another question if you or anyone can answer it:

When I install a theme, I understand how to install it, but how do you uninstall it? Is there a simple way to do it? And is there a way to install multiple themes, but then switch from one to another one by going through Droid X Recovery Bootstrap or some other means? Abviously since you can only have one active at a time. Just curious is all. (Okay, that was two questions...I really need to learn how to count..)

Thank you!