Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You flash the app pack after you flash the ROM. You'll want to let your phone charge for a while. 40% is WAY too low. You want a minimum of 70%. If the wall charger is handy it'll charge almost 2x as fast.

In the meantime, do you want a nightly or the RC? The nightly is more recent, and I can even point you at one that was pre-themed.

OP

2385amh

Reaction score
I have it on the wall charger now. I kinda feel like the battery isnt accurate because its been on exactly 40% for a while even though its been on the charger for at least 20 minutes or more.

And I will take what ever version you recommend I don't really know the difference but one with a pre theme sounds good

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
It might not be, this is true. Let it sit for another fifteen and then we'll proceed. Should be charged up enough by then, eh what? :)

The files you'll need.

cm_sholes_full-191.zip

That's the prethemed ROM. You'd flash that first. Then you'll need the app pack.

http://cyanogenmod-mirror.local.host.name/gapps/gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip

You'll flash that next. Standard update.zip installs like how you installed the kernel; rename, copy, etc.

So, what you'll do: Save any data you feel is worth saving on your phone, like texts, if you can. You will lose them. Boot into recovery. Wipe system cache 3x. Now wipe data cache 3x. Now install the ROM. Now install the app pack -- you don't have to do it now; you can boot into the OS and mount the SD card from there, or you can use the mass storage mode in SPRecovery, it's your choice.

The first boot after the install WILL TAKE SOME TIME. Don't panic till it's been more than five minutes, and even then don't panic. :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Oh, almost forgot.

After you flash you need to go into Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > User Interface > Tweaks extras > Select a theme STOCK_Black....then reboot so the notifications writing is the right color.

OP

2385amh

Reaction score
okay Im downloading the files. So If I name the first file update.zip will it prompt me to replace the other update.zip that we installed for the p-3 kernal? And what do I name the other file. I would like to just use the mass storage usb method since I know how to do that know. Oh and I restarted the phone and its now at 70%

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Same thing with the second file -- after you've installed the ROM just back out and enable mass storage, copy it over. Standard update.zip install (rename update.zip and install like you've been doing).

As for the kernel you don't have to worry about it. CM comes with a stock-voltage 800MHz kernel like the one you flashed on. :)

Overclocking can come later.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Happy to help. Make sure you turn on the power control bar in the notification pulldown window. Trust me on this. :) And make sure the LED flashlight option is in there as well.

triptych

Reaction score
Happy to help. Make sure you turn on the power control bar in the notification pulldown window. Trust me on this. :) And make sure the LED flashlight option is in there as well.

Pulldown power bar w/ flashlight FTW!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

fognlx

Reaction score
hey, i had this same problem as the guy in the first post. I've managed to get myself to CM 6.0 with a p3kernal, but the problem is, i have no 3G connection. It doesn't show up in the notification bar. Do you have an idea of what i can do to fix it?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Usually that's caused by it being turned off (sometimes happens with a flash, or if you accidentally hit the button in the notification pulldown widget) under Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks> Data Enabled

fognlx

Reaction score
Usually that's caused by it being turned off (sometimes happens with a flash, or if you accidentally hit the button in the notification pulldown widget) under Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks> Data Enabled

I looked there and it has data enabled checked =/. And I added the 2G/3G button in the widget and it has it on 2G but when I touch the button it doesn't change.