HELP! Failed update

collette

Reaction score
I did the update on my Droid which only made things worse. Now, throughout the day, it intermittently loses the ability to dial out or receive calls and I also cannot take pictures, unless I reboot it. I brought it to a Verizon store and they did the update again to no avail. Now what? Is there an application to fix this problem? Has anyone else had my "luck"? They said they would give me a new phone but I don't want to do that and lose everything that I have on there. errrrrr HELP!:icon_evil:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You did what update? OTA 2.1?

When your phone failed to function and you brought it in and the store saw it fail to function and they offered to swap phones did you ask them "what about my stuff on the phone?"

Your contacts will be stored on gmail and will come back with a new phone. Downloaded apps can be backed up with Astro (the install programs not the data you have accumulated in them) to your sdcard. Those downloaded apps can then be reinstalled but because the market knows what you have downloaded and installed they should automatically come back anyways.

If my phone wouldn't dial, I'd be more worried about that than some charts or gps coordinates I had saved on the phone.

Define what "everything" is on your phone and folks here can help you set most of it aside for a replacement phone.

PRince

Reaction score
i took my phone in twice, even the guy at the store said. That he could see I was having a major problem. The first time i went i re-installed all the apps I had lost through a-trackdog and he said it was fine. A week later I took my phone in for the 2nd time. We decided this time to only install certain apps thinking this might be the link to the problem.

I still am contantly turning my phone on and off just to make phone calls. I have lost personal notes and saved files twice now and the guy at verizon says im stuck with this phone until my 2 year is up...

xliderider

Reaction score
Hopefully, Google, Verizon, and HTC rectify this terrible situation with the Eris and 2.1

At least you can take the phone in for a replacement. My wife's Eris is stuck with the leaked 2.1 v1. rom on it. :(

zvrider

Reaction score
Going on my third phone because of the OTA update. Verizon told me NOT to do the update.